Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that pain.

Comment

So I'm looking at this from the outside-in, as someone who hasn't bought it, but sees it each day while [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] is on reduced hours.

Got to say, while it's cute, and seems pretty well-made, isn't it a bit limited? Small in scope?

I've never been into the AC series, but I've seen previous ones where there are city locations you can visit. In the 3DS game, you were mayor of a town, and from what I understand, there was gameplay and progression involved with that. You could get on a boat and be taken to a desert island, and meet the family who lived there.

I'm not asking the classic misinformed question of "but what do you do" because it's a life sim, and that's kinda how these games work. But it just seems like this one has launched kinda barebones? Which is weird, after it suffered a considerable delay.

Comment

I've been time-travelling and I've amassed around 300 days' playtime (according to the Nook Miles achievement), and the only near-complete furniture sets I have are rattan, antique, imperial, cute and the special easter set, along with craftable stuff like wooden block, log and bamboo furniture. That's a poor return considering all the special stuff you could get in New Leaf. There's something off about the work/reward balance. I've got 400,000 Nook Miles, 12 million bells and nothing I particularly want to buy.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]. It doesn't make much sense, but it's both barebones *and* incredibly deep. The amount of detail in the game is absolutely tremendous, and the animals are more fleshed out than ever before; but then you get the crappy and annoying Easter Event, the shallow Museum day hunt, the limited shopping options and a whole host of stuff that appeared in previous games that just isn't here.

Comment

Yeah, I think it's a hard game to get without playing it... which is weird to say given that it is actually an incredibly simple game at heart. Simple and yet there is a huge amount to it. There is a lot of stuff from other AC games that isn't here that I miss and yet, without a lot of obvious things to replace it, I find I have more to do in this Animal Crossing than the previous games. And how much gets added from here is a complete unknown.

Comment

I just bought a genuine painting (I think) but wouldn't have had a clue what to buy without the nintendo life guide. Anyone else thing the fakes should be more obvious?like a spot the difference mistake such as a missing eyebrow or hand.

Comment

They are like that though. Scary painting fake he looks happy, for example.

Comment

Yeah, but unless you buy the fake first, how would you know? Mona Lisa gets a pass as it is so well known

Comment

The system is quite simple. If you enroll in college and study art history and graduate with a degree and really know your art, you'll always be able to tell the real work from a fake.

Comment

I thought I was going nuts. I didn't know how much milk that lady was supposed to be pouring! It wouldn't be an issue if he was around every other day but every 3 weeks - you kind of want to buy the real one!

Comment

Blathers asked me if i had taken a souvanier picture to celebrate the stamp rally. Why yes blathers i wanted to record how hard you made it to find all those stamps, total brutal difficulty getting those fish stamps as you can see.

Comment

Did the stamps and got the plaques today.

Is it worth me doing it again tomorrow? And the day after?
                          Will I get a reward for doing it everyday?
                          I dunno...

Comment

you will get the same rewards every single day you do it. It's a total waste of time to repeat it after you have gotten all 3 they can't be customised and they sell for nothing it isn't even worth walking to nooks to sell them lol.

Comment

I'm fine with a complete in one day event after that Easter nonsense.

Comment

if it took a day it might have been more enjoyable, hell even the maze island was more fun than this low effort from nintendo. Considering how big stamp rallys are in japan it's strange to see nintendo of all companies make such a half arsed attempt even youkai watch did it properly in their game.

So whats left now till the next lol update? something wedding related and thats pretty much it till they do another announcement.

Comment

Working...
                                X