No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well maybe if people weren’t rushing to “finish” the game in under a week, people would feel like there‘s more to do.
    I’ve still got to pay off two mortgages, terraform areas, get last 2 dinosaurs pieces to finish that section, catch all the bugs and fish throughout the year as well as all the artwork and basically catalog more items as they appear in the shops.
    I’ll be playing daily until next year at this rate, nice job Nintendo.

Comment

Yup totally rushed at 340 hours of gametime

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Blathers asked me if i had taken a souvanier picture to celebrate the stamp rally. Why yes blathers i wanted to record how hard you made it to find all those stamps, total brutal difficulty getting those fish stamps as you can see.
        Mine were in different locations. In guessing they move about randomly.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Yup totally rushed at 340 hours of gametime
          340 hours?
          So I gather you’ve still got a museum to fill? Y’know bugs and fish to catch, Redd to sell you haunted pictures every couple of week?
          Or have you totally filled your museum and given yourself nothing to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            Well maybe if people weren’t rushing to “finish” the game in under a week, people would feel like there‘s more to do.
            I’ve still got to pay off two mortgages, terraform areas, get last 2 dinosaurs pieces to finish that section, catch all the bugs and fish throughout the year as well as all the artwork and basically catalog more items as they appear in the shops.
            I’ll be playing daily until next year at this rate, nice job Nintendo.
            Post the fossils you need!!

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
              Post the fossils you need!!
              That’s not how I play animal crossing.
              It’s totally fine people play it the way they want, if it takes me a year to find two fossils so be it I gots the time.
              I’ve been sharing my duplicates out with other people though, I’m more than happy to help others if they need any.

Comment

340 hours?
                So I gather you’ve still got a museum to fill? Y’know bugs and fish to catch, Redd to sell you haunted pictures every couple of week?
                Or have you totally filled your museum and given yourself nothing to do?
                Still have plenty i can be doing as my town is far from complete and yes my museum isn't complete yet either i still have fish & insects to catch don't just assume because i TT that everything is done in my game but i can't play for a small block each day like you and then turn it off and paitently wait for the next day it's never how i have played even going right back to the N64. The groundwork in graphics and enviroment are amazing in new horizons but lets be real here Nintendo stripped out as much content as they could to artificially extend it's life so they could slowly dripfeed it back in. Graphically is a leap forward but in everything else it feels like a step back. christ even the spinoff happy home designer had more choices for items in making homes.
                Last edited by importaku; 18-05-2020, 19:22.

Comment

When you asked what’s left now, it does sound like you’ve still got plenty to do and I’m sure you’re still enjoying playing it.

Nintendo are going to drip feed events and days throughout the year, bunny day hit people pretty hard so Nintendo probably don’t want a repeat of that, todays event could have been better sure, it could have maybe reward some more things over a longer period of time or required more stamps over more days for different rewards. I’ve got my plaques and I’ll be opening a rival museum soon, thanks Blathers.

I was surprised they hadn’t announced an expansion pass before launch, genuinely thought that was going to happen, like a city expansion then again after it’s sales maybe it will.

Comment

That’s not how I play animal crossing.
                    It’s totally fine people play it the way they want, if it takes me a year to find two fossils so be it I gots the time.
                    I’ve been sharing my duplicates out with other people though, I’m more than happy to help others if they need any.
                    I like that, but it looks like it’s been engineered (much like Pokemon) so that it’s next to impossible to do it all on your own.

Redd’s stuff, for example.
                    43 pieces of art, and he comes once a fortnight.
                    Assuming you get absolutely perfect RNG (no fakes, no duplicates ever), that’s still over a year and a half.

And God forbid you might actually want to colour-coordinate some furniture sets.
                    The chances of you stumbling across a whole set of the same variant is crazy-low.

Each to their own though, that’s one of the great points of this game, you can play it how you like.
                    I don’t TT, but I’m all up for trading.

Comment

Redd came twice in nature day week and once since, that time NONE of his work was real so I was fuming as in the past there was always one genuine piece.

I need like 2 fossils now which is driving me mad so im starting to store mine hoping to trade one day. One is the front half of the sabertooth tiger.

Anyone still attempting to collect the cards or defeated by the prices sold on Ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                        I need like 2 fossils now which is driving me mad so im starting to store mine hoping to trade one day. One is the front half of the sabertooth tiger.
                        I got this in storage.
                        Are you on the thread in the Online forum?

Comment

Nope I'll go look

Comment

Pretty much finished the obsessive phase of this now. 450+ hours. I found myself time travelling to June to see what the new fish/bugs/furniture were, which suddenly struck me as a bit pointless. So I’ll come back every month for a few days, and take long breaks inbetween. I’ll do the events too. But I’ve reached a point where I feel like I should be doing something else.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                              Pretty much finished the obsessive phase of this now. 450+ hours. I found myself time travelling to June to see what the new fish/bugs/furniture were, which suddenly struck me as a bit pointless. So I’ll come back every month for a few days, and take long breaks inbetween. I’ll do the events too. But I’ve reached a point where I feel like I should be doing something else.
                              I find myself putting less time into it now, but I enjoy the routine still.

I’ve got a full town remodel to do, but that can’t start til I’ve finished my flower breeding.
                              Not being able to store plants is a bit of a pain.

DIYs are high up my list at the moment, and getting my friendship up with my favourite villagers.
                              And the flowers..
                              The flowers...

Comment

Seemingly because of how I have done up my town, there aren’t many places for the glowing money hole to spawn and now it keeps spawning outside the front door of a particular house.

Comment

Working...
                                X