Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Seemingly because of how I have done up my town, there aren’t many places for the glowing money hole to spawn and now it keeps spawning outside the front door of a particular house.
    You could use this to your advantage if you wanted to relocate your money rocks....

Comment

I think I'm down to two Fossil's too. With the art system etc being so convoluted as already covered in here I feel zero compulsion to ever try to collect anything but the fossils for the museum. I'm about 100,000 into the final loan pay off as well so everything for me is now geared toward giving my island it's final layout. It's a fairly standard layout with a lower right hand quadrant carved out by a river so I've bridged the connections, placed my home with the museum next door and the Nook's Cranny slightly to the north to minimise travel time. There's a clump of homes with palm trees along the beach, the Centre is then in the open area and clothes shop North West to it. Crossing over the west bridge brings you to a line of beach front homes and a growing fairground area where a tea cup ride, concessions and Godzilla loom. The northern hills are still pretty natural and will likely remain so as paving every corner of the island doesn't seem like it would suit it much. A lighthouse by the dock is next and I'm paving a network of paths around everything now along with phone boxes, street lights etc. Once the town layout is done though I don't think I'll see any reason to continue with the game, everything else will be pretty empty in meaning content such as collecting seasonal event items etc that I wouldn't use so I estimate I have maybe 2-3 weeks left. Nicely timed ahead of Paper Mario though.

Comment

Gates are open if anyone wants to pop over. It's raining heavily, but Nook's is still open as I'm GMT-7.

Comment

Also, of all people my mother told me about making a quick exit from another person's island, press - and select the option, I think it's "leave quietly".

Comment

Interesting info on special characters has been datamined.

Every week (on a weekday) you will get: Saharah, Leif & Kicks.
            The remaining two weekdays you get a random one of: Flick, CJ, Label, Redd, Gulliver.
            The random ones that aren’t picked in that week are prioritised for the next week, but that does mean you might go three weeks without seeing one of them.

With regards to Redds artwork, the percentages have been mined too:

10% = All 4 are fake.
            50% = 3 fakes, one real.
            30% = 2 fakes, 2 real.
            10% = 1 fake, 3 real.

Also, the furniture items he sells are always ones that have variant colours, and their colour is random, so you can pick up variants you wouldn’t normally be able to get.
            Last edited by Budge74; 21-05-2020, 09:55.

Comment

Useful stuff!
              I think I've only seen Redd once so far!

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                Useful stuff!
                I think I've only seen Redd once so far!
                Yeah, I’ve only seen Label once, so it kinda makes sense...

Comment

I've not had CJ at mine in 2 weeks, so I can believe it.

Comment

Firmware 1.2.1 is live.

Comment

Seems all they added was hack update protection was hoping for some nice QOL additins or something lol silly me.

After swapping witha friend i now have the missing 3 icecream lamps i needed YAY, so if anyone wants to catalogue these sometime just say the word.

Still looking to complete my floor light set and my rocket lamp set as i'm still missing colours.

For rocket lamps i have: blue/red/turquoise/purple/green

For floor lights i have red/purple/blue/green

Currently starting the plan of terraforming the hell out of the top of my town as i have stolen a fab layout for part of my island lol, it's too cool not to try and replicate. Just wish i hadn't moved a load of houses up there as it's gonna cost a fortune to relocate out and them move back when done but ahh it gives me something fun to do as my island is too flat with not enough interest.

Comment

I've got the yellow lava lamp.
                        I'll order you one later.

Comment

Ah thanks budge i appreciate it.

I really need to start paying more attention as i keep forgetting that a lot of items have customisation, for weeks & week my garden has had plain old palm tree lamps in it when i could have been having these colourful beauties instead. time for a colour upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Gates are open if anyone wants to pop over. It's raining heavily, but Nook's is still open as I'm GMT-7.
                            True, but be aware if people leave like that it re rolls your island, as in if you have found a villager crafting something if people leave like that apparently the villager may leave their house. At least I'm seeing a lot of "please leave via airport" on AC reddit threads with that as the reasoning...

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Seems all they added was hack update protection was hoping for some nice QOL additins or something lol silly me.

After swapping witha friend i now have the missing 3 icecream lamps i needed YAY, so if anyone wants to catalogue these sometime just say the word.

Still looking to complete my floor light set and my rocket lamp set as i'm still missing colours.

For rocket lamps i have: blue/red/turquoise/purple/green

For floor lights i have red/purple/blue/green

Currently starting the plan of terraforming the hell out of the top of my town as i have stolen a fab layout for part of my island lol, it's too cool not to try and replicate. Just wish i hadn't moved a load of houses up there as it's gonna cost a fortune to relocate out and them move back when done but ahh it gives me something fun to do as my island is too flat with not enough interest.
                              White floor light and pink rocket lamp on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                White floor light and pink rocket lamp on the way.
                                Thanks for that if theres anything i can help with & that goes for anyone else too just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X