No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like there is some trigger to get a five star rating that we might be missing. It was such a struggle to get my island from four to five and, yet, not long after completely undoing what I had to do to get it, I had a five star rating again without any effort. I don’t even know if I ever lost the five star rating - maybe you can’t go down in rating?

Comment

I wanted to know if you could get downgraded. Very strange system.

Comment

Anyone notice that some items cast light in the house but not outdoors? You’ll see the light hit your character inside but you just get the glow effects outside.

Edit: Anyone got a nice bench? Like a park bench or something? Is that orderable or is it a recipe?
        Last edited by Dogg Thang; 23-05-2020, 08:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
          I'd love a Blue rose if you can spare one?

Right, five star island rant time: I'd better be close, genuinely am having trouble moving around my island now with all the junk in there, that Dog better give me the accolade soon or I'll get Redd to fake me a certificate!

In other news I've had my second Islander ask to leave, I actually wanted that as I'd like to get some fresh blood in town but I've not had any portraits from anyone yet. In New leaf I tended to not let people go until I got their portrait but in this game they seem trickier to get to the happy place!
          Currently at work but when I get home I’ll message you to arrange a time for you to open your gates so I can drop off some flowers for you.

Comment

Sorry mate, just clocked in. Let me know too and I’ll open up.

Comment

The Gods were listening! After crafting ten more wooden bins and dropping them off in random spots I finally have the five star rating! Time to start crafting golden watering cans and watering black roses! It is black roses right?

Comment

If you want gold roses, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                  If you want gold roses, yeah.
                  Cool, the farming can commence! Also the massive tidy up operation. Plus I need to go on island tours to fill my new villager slot. Has anyone got lucky and found and octopus villager yet?

Comment

I have Marina in my town. Got her very early on. I really like her.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                      I wanted to know if you could get downgraded. Very strange system.
                      Oh yeah, you can.
                      That’s part of the reason I’m so keen to offload DIY recipes, if you have too many items dropped on the floor (I think it’s more than 12), you’ll go down to 4 star.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                        Cool, the farming can commence! Also the massive tidy up operation. Plus I need to go on island tours to fill my new villager slot. Has anyone got lucky and found and octopus villager yet?
                        I have Zucker in my campsite at the moment.
                        Don’t know if you can punch him?

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                          I have Zucker in my campsite at the moment.
                          Don’t know if you can punch him?
                          I think you can only steal villagers if they are already in boxes? Maybe I'm wrong though as I think my business suit Wolf went to one of you guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Anyone notice that some items cast light in the house but not outdoors? You’ll see the light hit your character inside but you just get the glow effects outside.

Edit: Anyone got a nice bench? Like a park bench or something? Is that orderable or is it a recipe?
                            I think I have the recipe for the Garden Bench floating around.

Comment

Slightly off topic but anyone collecting the cards? I'm on the wagon again trying to get more. Apparently there is rumors of a re-print of them in July in Japan at least. Getting back to trading them online has given me a bit of a stimulation boost during lockdown as well as giving me an excuse to get some air when posting them.

Had some fun scanning in some of them on Harv's Island to get villager's posters.
                              The one of Coco is hilarious, just her staring into cold space that is her soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post

I got a 'log bench' (basically a log stripped of bark). Not a spare recipe but can make you one and send if you want?

Comment

Working...
                                X