No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I didn’t know that. I just have the golden can recipe.

Redd was in my town yesterday. Seemed to be two real paintings so I chose one and a mate bought the other. The one I bought was delivered this morning... turned out I already had it. NUTS!

It will take years to fill the museum.

Related: anyone want a genuine jolly painting?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Related: anyone want a genuine jolly painting?
      That’s the veggie-face one?
      Got that already, thanks.

Comment

Yep, it's Mr. Vegface.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Yep, it's Mr. Vegface.
          Please may I have him?

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
            Please may I have him?
            Sure! I’ll send him on tonight.

Comment

This has largely been an offline experience for the last three months for me because I play Switch at work, so there's definitely a big area of give for factoring in the community online element of the game but given the Switch is an on the go system offline would be a presence for many a good amount of the time and from that angle, though acknowledging the improvements here, I'm still happy scoring AC a 6/10.

I can't knock it for value given the huge number of hours I've ultimately done but I definitely feel New Horizons is probably the entry I've gleamed the least enjoyment from in the series. It still feels like a pretty hollow experience most days that has little meaningful reward and few surprises. Also, that it doesn't evolve the series anywhere near as much as it should being iterative to the point that Nintendo really doesn't have an excuse anymore not to make a new F-Zero. It's still charming but for me it's time AC got a more thorough reworking next time instead of still loosely being the same N64 loop underneath.

Comment

I don't agree with your score, Neon. I don't believe you are playing this properly if you play it at work. This needs you to be relaxed with warm beverage, snuggle on the couch with headphones, fishing and grooming your island in a zen and focused fashion where you have unintentionally gave your full self to the cause. WHICH you can slip in and out of with ease. Dunno what I'm saying, but your score has not been accepted by the island dwellers here :P

Comment

It was at first but a hundred days of collect fruit and wood, 4 fossils, redeem Nook points, craft items, check turnip price, sell items and bank Bells/Pay Loan with some light item placement to mix things up is enough for me. Next time, I just want stuff like fishing, bug catching etc to involve some... well... gameplay

Comment

On a related note yesterday was the second day since launch that I'd didn't boot it up, primarily as I had an enormous headache but I did feel a little anxious about what I would miss at the shop and hedgehogs. It does have an addictive quality akin to login bonuses on mobile games in that way. I'm currently on upkeep mode, collecting all the wedding furniture and doing the daily chores.

Ok think the next thing to spark my interest will be making a nice bathroom, still hunting for the mythical cloud flooring to make it but I think I have the rest of the items I need. I made a vault basement with the bank vault wallpaper and security cameras and safes which was pretty fun!

Comment

So, a few tips on gold roses, for those who don’t know:

Each black rose has a ‘flag’ to say whether it can produce a gold rose when it breeds with another similarly flagged black rose.
                      You set this flag by watering with a golden watering can.
                      Only the flower directly in front of you has it’s flag set when you water with the golden can, the other squares are just watered normally.

If the black doesn’t produce a gold, you can get away with watering it with a normal can, until it does.

Once it has produced a gold, you need to reset the flag for that rose, and the one it bred with, with your golden can again.

If it’s raining in your town you can take the opportunity to re-flag all your blacks with a golden can, as the saturated ground means that the durability of your golden can isn’t reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                        So, a few tips on gold roses, for those who don’t know:

Each black rose has a ‘flag’ to say whether it can produce a gold rose when it breeds with another similarly flagged black rose.
                        You set this flag by watering with a golden watering can.
                        Only the flower directly in front of you has it’s flag set when you water with the golden can, the other squares are just watered normally.

If the black doesn’t produce a gold, you can get away with watering it with a normal can, until it does.

Once it has produced a gold, you need to reset the flag for that rose, and the one it bred with, with your golden can again.

If it’s raining in your town you can take the opportunity to re-flag all your blacks with a golden can, as the saturated ground means that the durability of your golden can isn’t reduced.
                        Thanks for this tip, It turns out I have obviously only been flagging very few of my flowers, I guess I'm going to get through a lot more golden watering cans as it's going to mean one pour per black rose now. I know once they are flagged I won't need to water with the golden can again until the bear gold roses so I guess that would even out?

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                          Thanks for this tip, It turns out I have obviously only been flagging very few of my flowers, I guess I'm going to get through a lot more golden watering cans as it's going to mean one pour per black rose now. I know once they are flagged I won't need to water with the golden can again until the bear gold roses so I guess that would even out?
                          I’d say wait til it rains and take the time to do them all.
                          After that, just redo the ones that spawn golds.

Comment

I need to plant mine differently then, the cross-hatching makes it impossible to know which have spawned gold. Meh, I'll just take my chances. I have other projects that need my attention. I have 3 hybrid red roses spawned from orange/purple, so hopefully I'm not far off blue roses.

Also, I'd love a gold rose crown DIY if anyone gets a spare.

Comment

HHA actually evaluated my house this morning. 239k but no present. I've moved another couple of models into my house to see if that helps for next week. Also not leaving 2 bags of cash will probably boost it a little too.

Comment

I haven't played this now for going on nearly a week and a half i think the spark has gone at the moment, daily i'd hammer it but somethings just turned off inside probably not helped by dragon quest 11 luring me back in. Will probably return to it either when i have completed dq11 or the next update drops i can always rewind back to catch anything i missed by not stopping by daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X