No announcement yet.

Bujingai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the replay value like? Is there a decent score / ranking system?

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
      Managed to unlock the 2nd character model:
      Originally posted by spoiler
      It's Gackt wearing his shades, bussing black jeans and a shirt with snake-skin pattern - HE. LOOKS. PHAT!!!!!
      Originally posted by spoiler
      Not to mention he brings his own too-cool-for-school sword.

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but what format is it for?

This game sounds great from what I've read on here (and this is the only board I've seen this game mentioned on) so I'd like to at least try it

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin
          What is the replay value like? Is there a decent score / ranking system?
          Yeah there's a ranking system for each stage - you are graded (S to F) on Swordplay, Max continous combo, Completion Time and some others I cant remember. Hidden in all stages are emblems - you collect these to unlock stuff in the Extra Options Mode, they crammed a lot of stuff in. You can replay stages anytime to gain orbs to use to power up your techniques - the power up screen is in a hub area you unlock after finishing the first stage.

Maybe I missed it, but what format is it for?
          JPN Ps2 bruv.

Comment

Thanks.

I don't have a JP PS2 but I'm very tempted to get a chipped one purely for this game

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
              Thanks.

I don't have a JP PS2 but I'm very tempted to get a chipped one purely for this game
              Do it man - you won't look back

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
                Originally posted by RLench
                Thanks.

Do it man - you won't look back
                CA speaks the truth.

My import collection is quickly gaining on my PAL quota.

Still waiting for my Bujingai to be shipped from Lik-Sang though. >_<

Comment

I've been thinking about doing it for a while (ever since I played Initial D )

It's just a problem with raising the funds for it. London Console is my first choice for it though...might have to have a clearout and sell my PSOne.

Comment

How long is the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzaki
                      How long is the game?
                      It's down to you ennit - you can rush through quickly with minimal skill or you can take your time and replay stages to perfection racking up STUPID combo scores. The system is deep and there is a lot of scope for chaining entire stages, practicing when to switch the lock-on to different enemies keeping the swordplay seamless from floor to air and back taking on all enemies takes a lot of practise (not to mention keeping the combo chain active between batches of enemies). I dont think it's a very long game if you go through it - but I'm not far enough to comment tbh (7 hours or so, 3 stages complete).

I spent 2 and a half hours on stage 1 alone last night!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                        I dont think it's a very long game if you go through it - but I'm not far enough to comment tbh (7 hours or so, 3 stages complete).

I spent 2 and a half hours on stage 1 alone last night!
                        I believe that's what's called 'value for money'

Comment

Sounds great
                          I'd rather have a short game in which you can play the stages again several times than a long one which you'll never touch again. I'll order it tonight I think

Comment

Read yesterday that some brers on GameFAQS have spent 40 hours on the game

Comment

Yeah, I spent a good few hours on stage 1 last night, but the best thing is that you can finish it in 10 minutes if you want to run through it, or spend a good half-hour pwning everyone!

I love the way you get a "JUST!" grade when you do that pose, does it add to the final grade? I've managed to keep my combo score up to about 200.

I also love that bit where the water comes at you, I managed to use my sword to block the water so I didn't get swept away! Second time I wasn;t so lucky, and I managed to get hit by it, and a huge cut-scene started with Gackt and some other dude!

BTW, is it me, or is the intro where it replays your first few fights ****ing awesome, with the best muzak ever?

Comment

My fave music so far is the stage 1 choon - it's just RUFF!! I've had it in my head all day!

That scene with the water is superb! If you mess it up your master appears and teaches you the technique, it's like the designer's way of saying "This is important so learn it NOW!" - it's just wicked!

The 2nd voice mode adds a lot to the atmosphere too - Gackt congratulating you when you reach certain combo values sounds wicked. He speaks during all sections, even the title screen, save/load power up screen - everything - and his alternate CLOTHES!!11 OMFG he looks RUFF!!1

Comment

Working...
                                X