No announcement yet.

Bujingai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My word, the first boss is just incredible! I actually reset the PS2 so I could do it again - I never do that!

It's almost the quality of 3D fighting I've been waiting for all my life, I'm amazed they've pulled it off without making it impossible to play.

Bujingai =

Comment

Stop tormenting me you bastards!!

Comment

Bujingai =

I'm struggling to be able to pull off the uppercut and kick combo finishers - on the tutorial (and as Saur explained earlier), it says you press Triangle and then another button to pull off a different special. On the tutorial demo the guy ducks slightly when pressing Triangle, however when I do it it launches straight into a massive spinning move - which does finish with the 'ducking pose' I'm after, however by then it is often too late.

I finished the first level with a B ranking, which by my incredibly low standards isn't too shabby

Comment

Hey Saur (can I call you that?) thanks for the strategy I dusted the Dragon on my lunch hour. I did what you said and kind of my own thing too. My final grade was not so good. Those continues caught up with me.

On a completely related note . If unlock the Gackt sound option. I think he gives commentary on the game or how you play. I tried it once during the battle and he was chimimg in. Sadly I'm lacking in the proper L337 Japanese language skillz!

Comment

This game seems to be getting a lot of love at the minute, but there does seem that a lot of people compare it to DMC. Now I didn't like DMC (mainly because the camera angles annoyed me) is there still hope for me enjoying this? If so I will place an order.

Comment

The camera is free. So it's not really a problem I had it go wonky, my new favorite word, on me in the bamboo a couple of times. All I had to do was move, and it was fine. For the most part it is a fully functional nicely working game camera.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                My word, the first boss is just incredible! I actually reset the PS2 so I could do it again - I never do that!

It's almost the quality of 3D fighting I've been waiting for all my life, I'm amazed they've pulled it off without making it impossible to play.

Bujingai =
                AMEN!

That's what makes this game so wicked! I did that exact same thing! I was like OMGWTF!111 *reset* repeat...*reset* it flows so beautifully and when they tangle in mid air then break apart into their stances I nearly died! Just wait till you fight the boss with white hair! It's even more like playing a Hong Kong action movie!

I know what you mean Che - the 2nd voice mode is seriously heavy!

Pete J the combo system is a flow chart: (written whole thing for those who havent played it yet)

On their own:
                Square can be repeatedly tapped for main combo.
                Triangle is for 360 hurricane attack
                Circle is Special
                At the end of square combo (when he stands on one leg) or during triangle attack hold square down to finish the move in a pose.

During square combo:
                Triangle - double slash, this leads into 4 options - the flowchart goes:

After double slash:
                Square = Uppercut, tap jump after uppercut to follow enemy for air combo - hold square for pose after uppercut.
                Triangle = Hurricane - hold square for pose
                Circle = equipped Special move
                X = No Shadow Kick - hold square for pose

------------------------- Square = uppercut
                ------------------------|
                Squares - Triangle -- Triangle = Hurricane
                ------------------------- Circle = Special
                ------------------------- X = No Shadow Kick

Comment

Thank you

I didn't realise you had to start with the Square combo before getting to the 'flow-chart'.

I don't believe you when you say there is a boss better than the first one. It just isn't possible

Comment

It is man!

You'll be reaching for reset even before you beat him!

Comment

Any tips for beating that 3rd boss? I can only get rid of half his health, I don't think I'm mastering the whole Parry idea properly :\

Comment

Keep an eye on your defense as well as the enemy's - work out the swordplay exchanges so that you lower his defense then counter with a sideways jump (or jump behind him) - he cannot guard this so do a big square button combo into uppercut into air juggle into triangle or special to take major damage.

Comment

You bastards.
                          All of you....

I'm totally getting my PS2 chipped and getting this. Like... argh, as soon as I can afford it.
                          And it's YOUR FAULT!

Comment

I'm finishing work early tomorrow and chilling with headz round mine - if you want to pass by for some Bujingai, Jojo and VF skuff action feel free man!

Namco should take note: Bujingai's swordplay counter system and ever flowing animation is more advanced than SC2's parrying! They flopped - first dev to implement this into a beat em up and make it even deeper gets a goody bag.

Comment

God damn this is even better than I first realised

The first boss is just Beat him just now in a massively epic fight that ended right up on the platform above. I don't even remember jumping or flying up there, it just happend in the flow of the battle!
                              We didn't do the little horizontal spinny move into the air this time though, which was a little disappointing.

Amusing that I managed to get a lower ranking at the end of the level than I did on my first go though

Level 2...bit dull to begin with, but it gets totally mad on the last section with the green orbs. Love how you need to get 100 to pass through the door, harsh but surprisingly fair at the same time. Boss nailed me unfortunately, I've not quite got the counter timing right when he fires the big beam - Am I meant to keep hitting square until the bar at the bottom meets up with my defence bar, before hitting circle? I did try, but clearly failed.

Incidently, what are the firsts two stats listed on the character stat page? I assume they are the names for the two weapons, and have I upgraded them both to level 2, but just making sure. Oh, and what is the page after that when you press circle? You don't seem to be able to do anything...unless it is just the list of stuff you've unlocked, of course.

Ahhhh so many questions...

Comment

This just in from the Magic Box

Taito announced they will turn the PS2 action game Bujingai into an animated cartoon series this spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X