No announcement yet.

Starfield (PC / Xbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's basically saying that Starfield (and RPGs in general) shouldn't have inventory limits so he can pick everything up, and to some, yes that might be annoying. But as I've stated a number of times now, there are solutions to it, so even if you find it annoying, it's not a big issue.

Comment

That would be terrible. Sometimes the letters 'R' and 'P' in RPG need respecting.

Comment

BG3 has better inventory management for sure, although the infinite camp chest just lumps everything together (you can add more cargo bays to your ship and send inventory to it, but it's not infinite - you can add shielded cargo bays for contraband also). I suspect I'm only finding it easier because I'm using mouse/kb in that game, so input is faster. It's a much different style of play to Starfield, which I find is far better with a controller.

Comment

The game isn't even out yet and the PC community has fixed a lot of issues or tweaked UI to improve it etc... We're not even on day one of official launch.

I think this coupled with the fact this will be the first title on console from them to support mods from day one means it'll only get better from here on, and fairly rapidly at that.

This is all secondary to the fact that it's easily the least buggy title they've released and the actual team should be back to official patching after a well earned break.

I'd say the game is in very good shape and very good hands right now.

After all of that it's really just a case of whether it's your thing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            There is no FOMO materials are everywhere - there's no shortage of it - there's no need to hoard it. As I said. Wetware problem. You can even set up an outpost to farm the stuff.

And to just play the story, there's zero need to build anything and so no need to hoard anything.

Given the Xbox version supports mods, someone will be along with an infinite inventory mod in days (and as I mentioned above, it's already not an issue in any way at all on PC, you can just console infinite inventory in a matter of seconds).
            My guess any 60fps mods for Xbox will be withheld.

Comment

Like it was on Skyrim?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                Like it was on Skyrim?
                Mods for Skyrim on console came what? 15+ years after launch? Bit of a difference.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-09-2023, 08:28.

Comment

Why would they block it? The 60 mod came after mods became available in Skyrim, mods are available in Starfield from the off.

Comment

Hopefully they don’t, but I can't see them letting it through, if an individual releases a mod in weeks or days for 60fps on console, then what is that going to say about Bethesdas programming chops and their “artistic vision of consistency on console”? It’s not going to be a good look for them.

Comment

I doubt they care, but also you're not going to get 60 FPS on consoles, so also unlikely to be worth it - how about posting your first play impressions instead?

I'm now on a faction mission quest line that's a bit more like the thief guild in Skyrim, joining a pirate outfit and trying to find a huge cache of credits. Spoiler alert below.

There are a couple of ways of getting to this quest, mine was kicked off by getting caught smuggling.

The idea is to go in undercover (they may be more direct ways of joining, not sure), but once in there's a quest to find a missing ship from Galbank, containing lots of money. You end up going to a prison on a Hoth like planet (it's a great map), with a Aliens like encounter. Once you've got the info, you'll end up on a Galactic Cruise Ship and a cocktail party, trying to steal credentials for the bank.

It's a fun quest line and a way to offload your stolen and smuggled items more easily.

Last edited by MartyG; 06-09-2023, 09:10.

Comment

I doubt we will see a 60fps mod on consoles... I do think we might see FSR3 though which may improve things but remain locked at 30.

I'll be honest, without a side by side comparison I was happily playing on Series S last night at 30fps and it was pretty smooth all round. No real complaints in terms of what the console hardware is pushing.

Would I like to see 60fps on Series X? Yeah maybe but only it maintained it.

Comment

I wonder why I bothered pre-loading ; there was some palaver about unpacking and verifying that literally took 40mins.

Anywho up and running now, gun play way better already than Fallout 4 but you know what, I do have a soft spot for VATS

Looks really plush, though one complaint I have is that I am playing on 21:9 and the cut scenes and menus etc are not 21:9. It's a bit weird. As I have literally no clue about PC gaming I don't know how to check what fps I'm getting, I think I am getting some drops but nothing too bad. My settings are mainly ultra so maybe that's the reason. The lack of HDR even on my crappy monitor is a little disappointing there is like a light sheen or something on the screen, nothing game breaking but it is noticeable.

I am spending WAY too much time scanning **** and searching rooms for stuff (and I'm not even off the first moon thingy yet)

Here comes another 200 hour time sink......

Comment

I really want to finish what I'm on atm before starting this so as it stand the gunplay now is probably the thing I'm most mindful of. For me VATS in Fallout is essential as as that series gunplay is atrocious, nailing it to a reasonable level in Starfield would be a revolution in Bethesda terms. I might play it in conjunction with something else too, given it will genuinely be bare minimum 2040 before we get close to Starfield 2 it's worth dragging out

Comment

Have to say i also miss VATs and the gore from Fallout, i've not gotten far but it's all so sterile so far, sure combat is significantly better but until i get to open up some abilities, it is quite boring.

Also miss being able to drag corpses and objects around, my best hopes are with modders, i imagine adding limbs getting blow off or heads popping is a tall order we won't see. I'll march on to the 12/15 hour mark where its suppose to 'get good', knowing the starts to these games when you know nothing is always slow, but this seems way more of theme park with all the faff cut from travelling from place to place (so far).

the scanner for highlighting objects is a great addition.

Comment

The scanner is ace. Man you don't half go down some nice side quest rabbit holes.

Comment

Working...
                                X