No announcement yet.

Metroid: Zero Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likewise, I sat down this weekend and played Zero Mission from start to finish. Loved it . Prefer it to Fusion, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
      Well what can I say, been playing this loads and loads over the last week and I now think it's amazing. Where's the embaressed icon?
      here

Comment

Comment

She's literally rolling on the floor laughing...

Comment

I finished this over the weekend as well - thoroughly entertaining from start to finish; particularly enjoyed -

Originally posted by spoiler
            The end when you retrieve the power suit - I went on a killing rampage, just to teach the pirate gits a lesson...
            Great game, would love another

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
              Well what can I say, been playing this loads and loads over the last week and I now think it's amazing. Where's the embaressed icon?
              here
              I remember that bit in the SNES version.
              I was like ****, I'm dead- I thought I'd done well and beat her. Oh well

But wait, hold on. The Metroid gives me it's power and I can shoot **** out of her with my super laser.
              The music, the graphics, the story, the bosses and most of all the discovery element. Damn, Super Metroid really is awesome.
              They even put it in a huge big collectors edition box which is great for saddo's like me

Comment

Comment

Bowser123: I have that too! The one that comes with the free guide, aye?

Concerning Zero Mission:

Originally posted by spoiler
                  Yes, when I got my Power Suit back I went around beating the hell out of the Space Pirates as well. They deserved it too, damn them! Forcing me to sneak around with only a stun pistol to my name... gits. They had it coming to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacophanus
                    Thought you would like that mate, unfortunately, it's not a view that's shared by everyone else on the team. I'll have to stick something in their tea

Comment

How about a copy of Metroid Zero?
                      Maybe if tey played it they'd realise!
                      OMFG!

Comment

Now that my copy has finally arrived, I can get on with some space pirate beatings.

I never really liked the original Metroid, though at the time, I suppose it was not the sort of game my brain or likes really went for. I was 13 when I played it first btw (1987). Nothing like having a friend being an importer way back then. Maybe they influenced me to be one later on?

Anyhow, with this latest game from Nintendo, I found two bugbears which caused me to dismiss it as something I didn't really like:

1) The sense of not having a ****ing clue where to go
                        2) The "endless" vertical shafts

Fortunately both of these things have been fixed in MZM. In fact my experience with the original NES Metroid back then put me off buying Super Metroid when it came out. Bad mistake. I actually finally bought it in 2002 and spent a good 2 weeks playing the bugger, and getting a lot of the secrets. Really enjoyed it. So that let me enjoy Prime more, and then Fusion. Now we're back to the start once more.

Sure it doesn't tell you completely where to go (I liked the fact I had to wander off into Crateria, not having a real clue where I was precisely going and stumbled over the wall grab powerup which is precisely what I needed!) but the pointers are appreciated from time to time. So I'm liking it again so far, time to revert my brain back from what is was.

Btw what are those annoying little parasitic gits who cling on and remove your energy? Don't remember them in the original, some thing new?
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I havent played this yet, but in regard to the parasites, if they are the ones im thinking of, they are im Super Metroid

Comment

They're little bugs. Drop a bomb to get rid of them.
                            You may find them useful later

Comment

finished it after 4 hours ish with 64 percent

been playing it through again and now i have 86 percent but some of the items you have to get are a nightmare

smashing game and the extra of metroid - nes version is a great little bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem

Anyhow, with this latest game from Nintendo, I found two bugbears which caused me to dismiss it as something I didn't really like:

1) The sense of not having a ****ing clue where to go
                                I always thought that was the joy of the Metroid games, it's an experience that few games can offer! When you don't have a clue where to go, it seems all the more rewarding when you come across something new, doesn't it?

I love the feeling of being lost in a videogame, and yet still coming across new things. I remember once when I was playing Metroid Prime, I was in Phenandra Drifts and I fell down to a large pit with water at the bottom, but just as I thought I'd gotten out I fell down another one... this kept happening, the area seemed to go on forever, and I was getting more and more lost and further and further away from where I wanted to be! It was brilliant, ranks as one of my all time favorite gaming experiences.

The thing is, I was incredibly stoned and I eventually realised I was actually just falling down the same pit, lots of times. So the game wasn't as good as I originally thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X