No announcement yet.

Metroid: Zero Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been trying for ages to make the boost run work in ball form! I can sometimes double tap down quick enough so she still flashes in the ball form but that won't break through the boost blocks! Can anyone help with this or are my fingers just too fat and slow>

Comment

I have been trying for ages to make the boost run work in ball form! I can sometimes double tap down quick enough so she still flashes in the ball form but that won't break through the boost blocks! Can anyone help with this or are my fingers just too fat and slow>
      When in boost run, tap down to crouch. Go into ball mode. Press jump without using the d-pad to direct. The ball should freeze and charge, press the d-pad in the direction you want to fling the ball in.

I've just completed this game and i'm well confused.

I
      Originally posted by spoiler
      left the planet and destroyed motherbrain
      without picking up the super missile, the super bomb and screw attack?! Whast the crack, i've missed **** loads of area because i missed these powerups.

I though maybe you'd
      return to the planet after the mothership
      but no, nothing, nadda.

They are they're for collecting on the planet aren't they?

Also ---->
      i found that you if lay bombs in ball mode in the right timing, you can bomb jump continously.
      Good game by the way I thought
      the psuedo holographic larva
      inspired.

Comment

They are they're for collecting on the planet aren't they?
        You can't get the power bombs until the mothership, as far as I know.
        I though maybe you'd
        return to the planet after the mothership
        You can. The mothership is just another area, and is joined up to the rest of the map. Check the overall map for an idea of where it connects to the other areas.

Comment

After realising you
          crash back on the same planet after you escape
          i went for 100% items.

Best part of the game for me, working out the puzzles to get to some of the harder to reach ones where great fun.

The laser trip one wasn't fun mind. Brought on a particular nasty Exhumed Team Doll nightmare.

Comment

The laser trip one wasn't fun mind. Brought on a particular nasty Exhumed Team Doll nightmare.
            Thankfully for that one, I realised you could...

...use the dash move in mid air, and just dash past all the lasers onto the power up (you get charged up, drop down and dash right just before you hit the bottom). No need to do all that annoying jumping.
            Working out all the puzzles was a lot of fun. Some of them just seem completely impossible at first.

Comment

...use the dash move in mid air, and just dash past all the lasers onto the power up (you get charged up, drop down and dash right just before you hit the bottom). No need to do all that annoying jumping.
              I tried that, but i only set off from the platform you drop down onto. Either standing or in ball i hit one of the laser box's. I thought it would be dirt tricky to run off the platform and perform one and after a few failed efforts I resorted to the jumping. My thumb hurt badly after the constant backwards and forwards for speed run ups.

Working out all the puzzles was a lot of fun. Some of them just seem completely impossible at first.
              The trickiest for me, which you'll no doubt remember were:

in chozo ruins, where you needed to hit certain speed blocks from a diagonol angle. And what seemed an impossible area for a run up!
              And

In Chozoidia!? (mother ship) on the right hand side of the map near the middle, there was a grey area seeminlgy impossible to reach from that side. You had to keep your speed boost up from some dextrous jumping and manipulation of around 4 ramps up and 1 down on the left hand side of the map. Last item for me that one.

Comment

Working...
              X