No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say the low part of the game for me was the swimming levels. Apart from that I wished Tecmo included more loactions set in Japan, I loved the way
    Originally posted by spoiler
    you go back to hyabusa village
    its was beautiful, the music, the setting. Loved it. Thats when it hit me, you know that feeling? that feeling of genius, thats when i fell in love with the game, that part right there.

Hopfully, Ryu's next outing will remain in Japan and not somwhere so alien.

Comment

My only disappointment with this great game are the camera angles when you have to do some awkward 'rayman' style hop-pity hop bits of the game...
      After a while, I got to a situation when I was getting really dizzy after numerous tries and I got the same sort of motion sickness when you play 3D games too much on a first person shooter...

Comment

Yeah I liked the Fire/Ice bit too, my problem there is that it wasn't long enough. The swimming sections were pretty crap, you have a new weapon gone to waste here, but what about the running on water? Exactly what purpose does this really cool but utterly pointless move have in this game. Waste.

Comment

Just played through the first few levels.

What is up with the backgrounds? Xbox character models from 2004 running around Dreamcast scenery circa 2000?! Ryu also walks like a girly boy.

Camera is managable, just. It reminds me of the camera in ZOE2 in it's chaotic swinging around. What is up with the 'interact' feature? Many times I have been mid way through a fight only for the action to freeze so that i can be told,'There is a dead ninja lying on the ground.'

Also the cutscenes seem to have little or nothing to do with the gameplay. Beautiful cut scene of a burning village preceeded by running through a definitely not burning village. No smoke, flames, particle effects. All eye candy I know but it would add to the atmosphere.

One for the Old Skool. Enjoyable enough but could have done with a few more months fine tuning.

Comment

I'm now up to the boss on the fifth level now and it's really starting to drag. Don't get me wrong it has had some great moments of action, but I'm tiring of having to eliminate the same group of bad guys over and over. Go through a door, come back and there they are again stood in the same places waiting for a good ass kicking. It just feels like there's no adventure, just a bunch of unrelated levels with a loose story barely holding them together. Was hoping for something a bit more epic.

Ahh well.

Comment

lol, I loved going back and kicking the same bunch of ass over and over again. A practice I used to enjoy in DMC as well, and Saurian will go on for hours about skuffing the lizard brer's time after time.

Comment

I too loved it in DMC, but that game was much more concentrated, you never had to go far to find a fight. There seems far too much wandering around doing nothing but running along walls trying to amuze yourself until the next lot of black ninjas fall from the sky.

Comment

Yeah, me too, i go back looking for fights all the time. If im low on energy I simply go hunting for enemys to rip up, im too stingy to use elixers, and my fighting skills are too much for the bad guys to handle. I also try to challange my combo count and experiement with different moves. Stil trying to master the counter, i keep pressing the X instead of Y, Ryu does the spining move where he clears everyone thats around him, comes in handy when your surrounded by those purple freaks.

Comment

60 Fiend Challeng pwns! I was expecting it to be a long and drawn-out affair, but the combat is so enjoyable I was disappointed when it finished!

OMG the flails are a marvel... landed an 87 combo last night and only stopped there cos the next enemy was across the other side of the room.

Comment

I'm crap at this, but does anyone have any tips for defeating the Level 7 boss, Alma at all?

She's doing my bloody head in at the momet and all I have is 1 Great Elixir to replenish my energy with.

Comment

Lol..fear not. She totally did my head in for a while, was screamin at the tele then finally calmed down and realised she ain't that hard but she just aggravates you by moving out of the way of yr attacks and nipping in and getting you.

Anyway, the simple way I found to defeat her was by staying relatively close (mid distance as it were) to her and circling her back and forth and when she fires the pink fireballs just make sure you jump and or roll out of the way, same for the pillars, just keep moving. Then when you can line yrslf up so that yr facing her and just blatantly run towards her and do the jump + y move where Ryu jumps towards the enemy and slashes them. Now depending what she's feeling like she may well keep dodging these but persevere and you will get her. Just remember keep moving/jumping all the time and especially after missing an attack and also avoid that bubble attack thing she trys if she gets too close but you can hear that coming.

When you do hit her, if you stun her to the ground, get down there and smack her with a 4/5 hit combo and then immediately get out of there again. If you just catch her with yr jumping sword trick and she doesn't drop to the ground just get out of there and keep circling at an average distance until you can go in again.

Basically you've just got to be patient which can be difficult as it can take a while. Just keep avoiding her attacks and keep moving whenever she gets near you. As a last resort if you get stuck in a corner then use yr fireball ninpo as it'll make you invulnerable and should get you out of a tightspot (also good to use when she starts charging up her fireballs but you may as well save it for extra score after you tw@t her).

Njoy...

P.S. If you didn't get all the chests on top of the side alcoves when you came through before then go round and get them before you drop back down as they may well have elixirs in them for you..

Comment

Thanks for that matey.

I did actually find the additional Elixirs on the other side of the room, which made things a tad easier. I've almost beaten her now, reckon she'll go down like a Bangkok whore today though.

EDIT: She went down like I said she would. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Lol...good good.

Comment

Finished it last night (have avoided this thread until now!) and I have to say I loved it. A couple of frustrating bits (those bloody tanks ) but overall one of the games of this generation for me. I loved the nintendo-esque backtracking and opening up new bits of Tairon as you progress, gave it a sense of being grounded in a real place kinda, rather than being a bunch of disconnected linear levels. Just wish the military base wasn't locked up at the end, I missed one bloody scarab and it would have to be in the one place I couldn't go find it

Comment

Originally posted by evilmatt
                                Finished it last night (have avoided this thread until now!) and I have to say I loved it. A couple of frustrating bits (those bloody tanks ) but overall one of the games of this generation for me. I loved the nintendo-esque backtracking and opening up new bits of Tairon as you progress, gave it a sense of being grounded in a real place kinda, rather than being a bunch of disconnected linear levels. Just wish the military base wasn't locked up at the end, I missed one bloody scarab and it would have to be in the one place I couldn't go find it
                                Heh. I've just come up against those tanks on Chapter 9. Done the first one and said to myself "That was easy!", then the next one appeared and blew the **** out of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X