No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The article reffered to it as being sensored in 'Europe', it doesn't just say Germany, which is why i'm slightly worried

Comment

This was printed in the XBox Equip edition of Edge:

'The blood and violence is excessive, ensuring the game will get a mature rating in certain regions. However, Team Ninja realises content will have to be altered if a release is to be ensured in some European territories, such as Germany'

Comment

The only change confirmed for the Europe release is the removal of head-popping. No more decapitations for you, Europe boy.

My copy didn't turn up this morning, so gutted

Comment

Got it today. Gonna start playing as soon as my sis stops watching neighbours ft:

Comment

You lot with Yank copies, can you log into the Live bit with them?

Comment

Wow, wow, wow

Dear lord I never have imagined Team Ninja could be able pull off a game of this quality, its incredible!

The fighting engine is soooo balanced, so many moves and counters. You'll be chopping off heads, shooting fireballs, pulling off the most devastating piledrivers i've erver seen. You want these saps to challenge you, trying to find different ways to dispose of these poor fools. You'll be like "What? what?" put that sword back because your already dead" BAM, and he lost his head. Never gets boring!

The AI, wow, these Ninja?s have been taught by the best, some charge at you while others wait, if you block too much and they?ll throw you about like a rat. But its not only the fighting, it?s the level design that has me floored, the way Ryu can negotiate almost any situation with a variety of Ninja skills, running up walls, flipping onto platforms, jumping on the backs of your foes, all of which is executed with ease. The old school boss encounters remind me of metriod prime, these guys are huge, you get that menacing feeling in your stomach ?Oh god, don?t tell me im fighting this guy?
              I had to fight these guys on horses, HORSES! They have huge spears, they stab you in the face and drag you round messing up you ninja suit, then pick you up and throw you back into the ground, gawd I loved it!

Anyway, enough for now *Throws smoke bombs?

Comment

Excellent review, Prine. 8)

As long as there's plenty of ''flipping out'' in Ninja Gaiden, I will approve of it as a huge fan of Ninjas.

Comment

Thanks 8)

One thing though, camera can be crap at times.

Well, until you master the button of the "R"

Comment

they stab you in the face and drag you round messing up you ninja suit
                    The rest I can handle, but no ****er's going to mess up my ninja suit!!!!11 I won't have it - suit messers will feel teh P@1N!!!!!111

Comment

HOW DARE THEY?

Nobody messes with a Ninja's garmz!

Got a preview of the story here:
                      There is this super rich stupid idiot who lives in a humongous house. At his house, this guy has babes lying all over the place. The next scene is hot. The guy takes this super hot babe back to his room to make-out. The audience will think that the hot babe is a normal babe, but, yeah right, she's a ninja. The ninja woman smashes the guy's head like a melon. Then all these dogs come out of nowhere and the ninja woman has to beat the dogs' asses. First she kicks this one dog right in the nuts. The dog screams and jumps out the window. Then she jumps in the air and kicks two dogs in the nuts at once! Both dogs evaporate. Every time the ninja woman kicks nuts, a guitar squeals hard. Then the ninja woman has to battle the boss dog. The boss dog is huge. Before the boss dog can attack, she uppercuts the boss dog's nuts so hard that the boss explodes. Then the guitar squeals REALLY hard and explodes.
                      Pretty standard

Comment

The level design is a two edged sword IMO, they only let you wall jump where they want you too, check the city out and you'll understand.

The horses were cool weren't they? Did you have any problems with the boss on horseback?

I finished the Military base last night and now I'm on the sewers. Fighting the tanks was fun, as was the helicopter.

Comment

Anyone tried out that region free theory yet ?

The thought of missing out on decapitation fun has angered me somewhat... ft:

Comment

As soon as my copy arrives, I'll take it round to a mate's to check. He's a PAL lam0r, too.

Comment

Well my mom says I'm cool

:crosses fingers:

Comment

Prine, I'm not sure if this got covered in the demo topic, but if you kill an enemy you either get red, blue or yellow orbs right. Well instead of letting them come to you hold down 'Y' and the orbs will be stashed into the sword, a flash will tell you if ya' done it right. Now let go and you will do a super move. The moves depends on which weapon you are using. Using this technique gives you the spirit points at the end of a mission, so you get a better rank.

Comment

Working...
                                X