No announcement yet.

Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what would've been cool, Apocalypse Now style music... one mech is nominated to carry the speakers, and that persons custom soundtrack is broadcast over the battlefield for all other mechs to hear.

Not only would it be cool, you'd get a defensive advantage as all your team mates would crowd around to listen

Comment

Sounds good roll on the the 26th of march for us humble pal users

Look here as well

This is where us PAL users will be

Comment

Just stumbled across the blurb regarding drop-outs from Capcom

and then read this

It occured to me that the solution to this problem was for Capcom or MS to set up dedicated servers that would host 10 plyr sessions of LOC. Given the cost of XBL and LOC surely this can't be too much to ask? After all how many people have the upstream for hosting games of this size.

FB

Comment

Welcome to Xbox Live.

16 player gaming only possible in Moto GP.

Comment

Not quite true. I've had plenty of 16 man games of Rainbox Six 3, both on MS run dedicated servers and on non-MS dedicated servers. Have had a few lag free 12 man games on non-dedicated servers, but you need everyone to live in the UK for that.

Lag and network latency will never be resolved for connections over large distances. It is a speed of light issue.

Comment

Is there any type of offline mode at all?

Comment

ITS REGION FREE!!!

Comment

w00t!

er, do you still have your extra copy available?

Comment

see for sale forum

Comment

here is a pic of the customise screen...

nice

Neil

Comment

Jesus. Neil.

I got my copy 2 day ago. I'm gonna play later on tonight

Comment

I'll have a word with the guy who runs the XMCC servers to see if they can set up one server for Steel Batallion. Anyone here who's played on the XMCC servers in R6, CounterStrike or Wolfenstein will know how good they are - if you haven't played on them before then they are basically a series of 45mb servers that have been set up in Northern Ireland and are regarded as the best in the world by Microsoft themselves. Go to XMCC.net for more details, though i think the site is down at the moment as it's being re-done.

Comment

He won't be able to set servers up as its peer to peer and links into Capcom's SBC.

XMCC is good but any idiot can buy 20 xboxes and plug them into a fast network connection no rocket science needed.

Neil.

Comment

BTW SB:LOC supports 720p!

Comment

Since the game was released I've been able to get into one 3 on 3 Campaign mission. After that one I have never been able to connect to another, and people cannot connect to the games I create. My upload speed on my connection is 128k, with Xbox Live reporting it 100-113k. :\

That being said, I'm able to create and play in 4 player deathmatches fine, and it's great fun. The game can get laggy at times (almost a half second input delay is the worst I've seen), and every once in a while the connection will hiccup and everything will be frozen for a second, but for the most part it's very playable.

Fat_Bob, it sounds like you were on the receiving end of a howitzer. The last match I played someone took a Decider Volcanic, and was having fun shelling people and running away when they got close. By the end of the match, everyone else quit shooting each other and started just chasing him around. It was pretty funny, especially all the banter over voice chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X