No announcement yet.

Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have yet to give campaign mode a really good go online. Free battle is excellent though. Played with some American chaps and it ran fine. I am having my arse handed back to me on a regular basis however.
    The original Steel Battalion is also a gem to play . Very tense and with 5.1 the immersion is the best ive ever experienced.

Comment

If anyone has ordered the PAL version from Amazon, I got an auto generated email from them today.
      Official release date is 26th, but I expect delivery tomorrow or saturday

Comment

Anyone up for some online tonight? I was going to post a new thread in the online gaming folder but since theres two SB posts floating about i thought id keep it in this one.
        Say a couple of free battles at about 10.30pm tonight?

Comment

add me fragmast3r to your friends i'll be on at 10pm, if im playing rb6 3 send us an invite, if i dont join u know its still fuedged for me

jason

Comment

fraggy -- couldn't play last night, I'll add you in later if you're gonna be around for a game or three

Anybody else up for a game, might as well add me to your freinds list. I'll run some free mode missions, so everyone can play around. Free mode pilot profiles are seperate to the campaign, so you're pretty much free to do what ever you want. I *think* that more mechs are available in free mode too (for use in free battles), but you have to find 'em (check in hangers, etc...) so we could always do a bit of searching around too?

Comment

Yeah im up for that.
              Got into a great game with a bunch of english players last night and very fun it was too.
              I felt a pang of guilt when id noticed someone had fell over, instead of doing the decent thing i just shot them before they could get up .

Comment

off topic

annoyed with Game

pre-ordered my LOC in December and went to pick it up today and i was told they didnt have one and Game have sold out

basically at the start of March Game started to ask for ?20 pre-order and nobody from Game let me know

fecking annoyed now since all the price whores are on ebay asking for ?200 for it

Feck Game - will never use them again

back on topic - sorry

Comment

dunno why they want a money deposit on this game, aint as if there gonna get stuck with it as if u dont buy it loads of others would snap it up

hope u get a well priced one sorted m8

jason

Comment

Got my loc disc today and can I get online? can I ****!
                    I`m on BT 512k and don`t have any problems with any other live games never had lag etc. All I get from loc is loads of interuption pop ups.
                    why! I`m soooooooooooo pissed off, looked forward to this for ages.
                    fed up ft: ft: ft: ft: ft:

Comment

The servers reset for a short period at about 22:30-ish, maybe you caught that although you should have been able to get into free mode.

I had some cool games last night, although it took a few goes to get into into the right frame of mind. I still feel like I'm not into campaign; I've lost loads, although my kill/death rate is still fairly equal. I just don't seem to get a good bunch of people that communicate properly or stick to some kind of tactics and it's a little frustrating... I keep playing though

I did try some more free battle and this is like a totally different person playing it; I've only lost some 4 times out of 20 odd games I have a ridiculous kill count too (although, not as high as somebody I saw last night - 698/4 )

I also came across a guy called Sniper T. who came across as being Tim Westwood's double

Comment

Ok you`ve restored my faith, gonna give it another go.
                        brb

update goes back in box and on to ebay.

oh no it didn`t a chap on GR IT I was playing with yesterday was having the same problems as me, same BB set up as me.
                        Took his advice and dumped the usb BT modem and got a Binatone argos job for ?50, and guess what my xbox still gives the same kine speed reports but............ I`ve got into every game I tried this evening

Comment

Oh. My. God!!

I had another good few hours of this last night, got into a game where the team was playing properly. The new maps are really good, the city level being the best (marklar SMASH!).

I've been promoted again, to Staff Sergeant, got a stack of kick arse replays and supply points (70% accuracy in the last game I played ) and even stole somebody's VT last night! Granted, it's only a Blade (nice, light 2nd gen. PRF VT [I'm HSD] - good in Lvl 19 in the first game), but how ****in' cool is that ****!?

Servers reset at 22:30 GMT (21:30 next week, when the US goes forward), so don't play campaign around this time. It isn't possible to join the campaign either, so don't try screwing around with supply points and stuff if you're already there because you'll probably lose 'em. Just remember to join shortly afterwards, to grab the new mechs.

We're in turn 6 now, HSD have lost some blocks to PRF while stealing RB (Right Brothers - the third 'faction', ignoring freelance JAR) territory. PRF are up to 46% coverage, taking not only a couple HSD but a larger portion of RB who're down to 10%.

There are literally only about 3 RB players worldwide

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                            I *think* that more mechs are available in free mode too (for use in free battles), but you have to find 'em (check in hangers, etc...) so we could always do a bit of searching around too?
                            In Free Mission mode, there are four VTs available to start with: Decider, Vitzh, Falchion, and Vortex. Whenever you get ahold of a new VT in Campaign mode, it gets added to your inventory for Free Mission mode.

While this may seem to screw all the players that are campaign-impaired due to connection issues (myself included), that's not the case. You don't necessarily have to currently own the VT in Campaign mode for it to be unlocked in Free Mission mode, you just need to have had it in your inventory at some point. So, if someone trades you their VT in a campaign chat room and you immediately trade it back to them, you'll have it unlocked for Free Mission mode. There are a few pilots out there who are happy to let people "touch" their VTs s they can have nice things in Free Mission mode.

Comment

Aye, I realise that now... inexperience with the game and past previews lead me to believe that was the case. I have stacks of VTs in free mission now, if anybody wants to "touch me"

Sheepdog is still my fave, great for circle strafing at close range. Anybody else seen those new ones, schneidgeist or something (don't remember) with all the armour?! Nice...

Comment

I'm glad you're enjoying it Markler, but I'm finding playing games to be online to be a frustrating experience and am extremely pissed off with the current situation.

The games now been reviewed and has got a below average score, if it wasn't for the fact that Steel Battalion comes with it, I would have sold it by now. Hopefully Capcom, will sort the problems out and I can give it the score it so deservedly deserves in a later issue (as we did with PGR2) but as it stands, I'm thouroughly disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X