Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 4 480p, 1080i options? Check this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a blinkered, ignorant view of PCs you have.

Comment

It's like someone saying the Dreamcast is only about thousands of beat'em'ups and shoot'em'ups. I bet Kron would love someone distilling the unit into such an easily digestable soundbite.

Comment

They could if they wish, It wouldn't alter the fact that there is still very little choice beyond first person shooters and strategy titles on the PC.

Comment

I can't be bothered to argue the point, because I already know it wouldn't get through. Think what you like.

Comment

EA, hardly bit players in this industry, might beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
              They could if they wish, It wouldn't alter the fact that there is still very little choice beyond first person shooters and strategy titles on the PC.
              Erm... ever heard of a program called MAME?

Emulators aside, as well as first person shooters and strategy games, the PC also does a fair trade in RPGs (single player as well as massively multiplayer), adventures, flight sims, racing games, sports games, management games....

Before you slag off an entire format, try thinking first.

Comment

And it usually winds up playing host to superior conversions of console games - well, technically anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                  Erm... ever heard of a program called MAME?

Emulators aside, as well as first person shooters and strategy games, the PC also does a fair trade in RPGs (single player as well as massively multiplayer), adventures, flight sims, racing games, sports games, management games....

Before you slag off an entire format, try thinking first.
                  Try reading my original post before you comment.

Comment

It needs to be "much much more" as the games that are being released commercially for the PC have no variety whatsoever.
                    That's your original post, and it's still rubbish.

Comment

No where near as rubbish as someone suggesting EA software.

The point missed by Kotatsu was commercial software.

Comment

Someone? It was me. If you want to take a swipe, there's no need to be so unsubtle about it.

Yes, he missed the point, but you're way off the mark too. Sadly, so are most of the comments in this thread.

Comment

No where near as rubbish as someone suggesting EA software.

The point missed by Kotatsu was commercial software.
                          1 - Why disregard MAME and other emus. They exist.

2 - Even if you are just talking commercial software, the PC still has plenty of variety. I honestly don't know how you could think it doesn't, unless you are simply clueless about PC gaming.

Comment

can we get back on to GT4 dudes... so to get these resolutions all i need it to put GT4 on to one of them settings and wack it through my monitor or projector... ??? will this work through my magic vga box??

Comment

Hi all.

What do you guys think of this?

Rob

Comment

It doesn't look that different to me. Slightly less jaggy, but only just.... perhaps they've just scaled the image up to fit the higher resolution or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X