No announcement yet.

Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if I do buy a DC I am thinking of hooking it up to the PC's monitor, so I can experience VGA which is supposed to be pretty ok.

Comment

Depends what monitor you have it on. With the DC resolution at 640x480 it doesn`t look the greatest on lcd monitors (15" at 1024x768 and 17" at 1280x1024 res) so it has to do quite abit of scaling and ends up looking abit jagged but not bad still. Looks far better on a big tv outputting RGB imo.

Comment

Is there much difference in quality in using the official DC rgb cable or a cheaper 3rd party one?

Comment

Haven`t tried the offical one but i have a 3rd party one i got years ago and the picture it produces is jaw dropping, really does put the current crop of consoles to shame when it comes to RGB. So tbh i can`t see their being a difference.

Comment

well i had an official rgb scart cable when i had my first dc (sold it to fund my ps2) and it's picture was also jaw dropping.

i've now got one of those spider rgb cables and again the picture is jaw dropping.

so there you have it:

DC - generating jaw-dropping RGB, whatever the cable

Comment

hopefully I shall get one soon, want a switched model ideally, or would just get one from Gamestation for 20 quid, postage on a switched model is quite a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X