The beautiful games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh, like Through The Keyhole, but with massive guns

Regarding 1080Av btw, not dissing your choice, but it really gets on my tits when the camera goes half through your character so they're transparent, I find it really uncontrollable and irritating and wish it could be switched off.

Comment

One word: Ikaruga

Comment

Fable: everything videogames should be.

Comment

Don't think anybody's mentioned it yet, Guilty Gear XX Reload. Glorious!

Comment

To name a few:

Zill O'll Infinite - Koei's Final Fantasy, but looks great.

Loco Roco - Looks Fantastic

Katamari Damacy - Love this game

Comment

we can't talk about beautiful games without mentioning the viewtiful one.

Viewtiful Joe series: Clover studio's did good with this one.Beautiful art and some of the craziest action ever.Viewtiful baby!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr

You love it.
                You got there first. I was pissing myself with laughter over that

Comment

Lets not be silly:

the early sections of MGS2 defined what the PS2 could do...

....along with:

Comment

Farcry is mighty fine looking as well.

Comment

Been mentioned, but i'm on the side of the fence that thought wind waker was beautiful, glad viewtiful joe was mentioned, i loved the whole art thing involved with that, i thought the graphics re-make of super mario 3 (super mario advance 4) really gave that game a nice polish, some pretty amazing moments in r-type final, i think stage 6 was one, the introduction of the stage was nice, many great stages, (just done a google search) can't find anything to give this game justice.

Comment

Cubivore on the Gamecube

Comment

Comment

I still consider Shenmue to be asbolutely captivating.

It's not so much that the graphics are jaw-dropping from a technical perspective - though they still look pretty gorgeous mind... what always blows me away is walking through the townscapes. These aren't generic buildings to fill in the void between point A and B like in, say, GTA... in Shenmue, every building is independent. The storesigns hanging over the streets, the posters on the walls of buildings, the fact that the designers clearly looked at each building and designed them one by one... I really don't think there has been a game since with such thought and scale.

Newer games may have larger townscapes, but I feel the effect is less effective because each building is so generic.

Comment

Tiger Road

I kind of think of it as a pre-emtive videogame account of how Jordan and Pete's (yeah, I'm a close friend so I can call them that) wedding went down.

Straight up, Tiger Road was Capcom at its best (in visual terms, at least).

Comment

Forgot these

HALF LIFE 2 stunning

MGS 3

GTR

Comment

Working...
                                X