No announcement yet.

Your Biggest Gaming Mistake(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a CD32. The 'Dangerous Streets' pack.

Then buying the Sx-1 expansion kit to add to the pain.

Probably spent over ?450 on it in total.

Comment

My most recent was probably FF Tactics Advance. I hoped it would be like Tactics Ogre, but it wasn't really, far too much time wasting levelling up and skills learning instead of actual game progress and story revelation, it only served to increase my hatred of everything that Square have become.
      Got it full price at the time, so I tried to take it back to the shop within their guaranteed return time, they wouldn't give me cash and would only give me exchange, the only decent game they had for GBA was Yoshi's Island, played that for a bit but found that it was disappointing and lacking a certain something compared to the SNES original, couldn't take it back coz they'd marked my receipt as an exchange, so kept it, then got persuaded by numerous people that I should have persevered with FFTA because it was great, went and bought that again at full price, got 30-ish hours in and finally gave up for all the same reasons as before because I was sick of having to fight 5 battles just to learn how to do one move and unlock a new item at the shop and the way they dressed up all the quests when they were just thinly veiled excuses to have a fight against a weak enemy group, and finally I've just sold both games this week for ?9 each :-/

Comment

Erasing my whole town of Animal Crossing! I accidently had my memorycard in Japanese mode in my Panasonic Q and it asked in Japanese if I would like to format my card... I accidently did.

Buying the Q was a mistake. Beautiful machine, but I really didn't need a second gamecube. It also was broken and I had to send it back to hong kong. Had to wait a really long time and even had to harras the shop with lawyer threats so they send it back. It's now my dvd player and game console in my bedroom. But I don't own a lot of import games... haha!

Buying an Xbox for Links 2004. It's the greatest golf game! But it's also one of the only games I own for the machine and played for a long time.

Comment

This probably isn't gonna be a popular mistake, but for me it'd have to be forking out ?400+ on an Xbox with Halo and Jet Set Radio Future. It promised so much, yet seemingly failed in every way imaginable I like it now tho... shame I cudda jus waited til it was ?100 tho lol. Still to be fair, Moto GP did make me feel a bit better about it when that came out a few week later.

Comment

Buying MOH: Allied Assault...that game was garbage!

Comment

Originally posted by Engelbert

I also regret buying a CD32, and this is someone who "only" paid sixty quid for the machine (with a stack of games) in Rumbelow's closing-down sale.

Comment

Selling a boxed Atari lynx II with around 30+ games to crime converters for ?12.50 back when i was 16!

"Nobody is interested in a Lynx, we can only give you twenty pence a game"

Comment

Paying AU$50 for GiTS on PSP.
                  Last edited by markgreyam; 07-11-2005, 08:01. Reason: didn't get the quote right

Comment

As most people have already said, I wish I hadn't sold some of my old games collection when I was young and stupid. Especially my Amstrad and all of its games.

Comment

.. nice one .. was the Sx-1 the MPEG unit ?

Originally posted by Engelbert

Comment

-Selling my PS1 and a truckload of games for a brand new, day-of-release ?299 N64 with Shadows Of The Empire and Mario 64 (which, don't get me wrong, rocked like a bastard). Only to find the N64's price dropped by half one month later. Thanks Mr Nintendo. No really. Thanks...

-Starting to play FF7 in my first year at Uni. Luckily i'd done the making friends and getting a girlfriend already so only my work suffered. But boy did it. I passed the year by the skin of a mosquito's nutsack...

-Ever selling anything, ever to Gamestation. ft:

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
                          SX-1 was the third-party device that plugged into the back of the CD32, giving it the input/output sockets found on 'proper' Amigas (parallel, serial, RGB) as well as providing internal space for a hd drive and extra RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
                            you know, i never looked into that!

Despite the costs, i did enjoy playing Sensi world of Soccer on it so maybe it wasnt that bad.

er, maybe it was!

Comment

Yeh, also selling SNES games into CEX to buy N64 games, which were great but I'd rather now have kept the SNES ones, but in those early job days you do what you need to do to get what you want. Should never have done that really.

Comment

Definitely selling the Amiga. An A500 with a bunch of lovely big box original games, and a ton of demoscene stuff - some of which I've never been able to track down again. used the funds to buy a Japanese Megadrive shortly after launch. The MD was lovely of course, but looking back it always pains me that I parted with the Amiga.

Comment

Working...
                                X