XBox 360 Hardware in store now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox 360 Hardware in store now!

Just had a text from my buddy who works in Game in Lincoln. They have just had a delivey of 14 XBox 360 machines. Not nearly enough to cover their 80 odd pre-orders but enough to get mine next week (in fairness they only had to get 2 for me to get one...) so i'm a happy chappy =D

yeah my branch said they came in this morning also - not sure how many they have. Hopefully more than 3 as my preorder serial number is 0003

Neil.

Comment

Ram-raid the shop!!

Comment

Sweet I'm off into town shortly anyway, so I'll check in at my local GAME and report back.

Comment

A small local branch had a bare unit just sitting on the shelf behind the counter. Strange, seeing as they don't even have a demo pod.

Comment

Probably find it is an empty shell, just for display.

Funnily enough I am going back to Lincoln this weekend.

Comment

Oh man, if only I knew some corrupt Game employees right now.

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane
                Oh man, if only I knew some corrupt Game employees right now.
                You could always offer one of the monkeys a blowjob - double win

- you get your 360
                - you can truely claim that this release strategy has left you with an awful taste in your mouth

Comment

Microsoft have a release strategy!?

Comment

Posted this in the pre-order thread:

My local GAME took a delivery of 16 man packs but are expect another few deliveries over the next few days to cover the pre-orders. Also whilst I was in there a xmas temp from Gamestation (next door to GAME) came in and stupidly showed my friend (who is the manager) a letter they had all received at that store saying that they have 60 pre-orders but they're only getting 39 machines. Ouch.
                    I was also told that they only have one core pack order, and that's for the staff in the break room!

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars
                      Probably find it is an empty shell, just for display.
                      I think you're probably right. There was one on the shelf amongst the game boxes in my local GAME. seemed very light and nearly toppled over when I gave it an admiring stroke.

Pretty sure that if it'd had it's innards intact it'd have long since left the premises under the jacket of one of the natives

Comment

Is it true that Game employees got to pre-order consoles first? Am in two minds about this, OK so there's perks of the job, but when supplies might be so limited is it really fair to the rest of us?

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
                          Is it true that Game employees got to pre-order consoles first? Am in two minds about this, OK so there's perks of the job, but when supplies might be so limited is it really fair to the rest of us?
                          Well I am #2 at Lincoln and I don't work for Game (although I have a friend there) but there are definately other Game staff further down the list than me...

Comment

I work in gamestation, stangely in lincoln too, and the staff have the exact same priveleges as a customer when it comes to preorders
                            Last edited by EvilBoris; 25-11-2005, 16:46.

Comment

I'm number 1 on my local list, so I'd hope I'm before staff.

Comment

Working...
                              X