No announcement yet.

Hexic HD - Xbox 360 Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8/12 achievements, 105 gamer-points for this wonderful arcade game despite being my only one! Last night, I had a 2 hour marathon of this game and did very well as I remember thinking it wasn't very good with it being slow and taking 15+ minutes to get anywhere but over time things become quicker and easier to realise - a good learning curve.

The one thing that irritated me was on my last session is my almost perfect run with 2 black pearls joined together and 5 silver stars with a nice almost complete circle of colours before an unvoidable purple bomb appeared. Thinking about it, I should have focussed on the top section for in case a purple hextagon came down instead of messing around near the bottom half of the table.

Damnation indeed.

Comment

Sometimes you need that leap of fiath don't you to keep making room at the top for the right colour to appear and help get rid of the bomb.

Comment

Yeh it so annoying, but when you hit gold and the right colour drops down and erases the bomb at the last turn then its just so sweet!

I've still got 9 achievments, getting the 2 black pearl ones is going to be a task and the 100 games should come soon enough.

I'm getting really good though now, managing to get a black pearl as early as level 3 now with lots and lots of silver stars too!

Comment

****in hell, I was playing earlier today and was on a riot with silver stars, was getting them so easily but kept ruining it when going for black pearls, ended up with 24 of them but no black pearls by the time I died! Was so frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
            ****in hell, I was playing earlier today and was on a riot with silver stars, was getting them so easily but kept ruining it when going for black pearls, ended up with 24 of them but no black pearls by the time I died! Was so frustrating!
            24 stars at once?!

Comment

No!

24 overall! At once point I had 9 or 10 on screen though!

Comment

No!

24 overall! At once point I had 9 or 10 on screen though!
                Oh, I was like 24 at once?!! Just played a bit and can't get back over 150000, that 216000 might have been a fluke

Comment

I'm going to try and get as many as possible on screen at once now without converting them to black pearls! I'll take pictures to show too!

I can easily get around 200,000ish now all the time and frequently go up towards the 250,000's. Top being 300,000 but someone on my list has 350k so I want to beat that soon!!

Comment

He won't brag about it so I will for him!

Have a look at Gradius57300's top score for marathon. Sick!!

Edit: Just noticed you can't check scores from MS website (or if you can I can't see how), his score is well over 600,000 anyway.
                    Last edited by sharky_ob; 19-01-2006, 09:32.

Comment

Yay! i got my first pearl yesterday.But then got shafted by a bomb straight after

Man,this game is so addictive.My highest score in marathon is 160,000,so hats off to all you high scoring freaks and especially Gradius.

Comment

525,000!!!!!

I ****ing love this game! 3 black pearls in a cluster which completed the game, wish I could have kept going though, I was on a roll! Seriously loving it though, getting so good at it now too. Its addictive, I got that score with my mate watching at like 4am today!

Gonna go for the big 1 million next!

Comment

Finally done it.

Unlocked "grand pearl pooh-bah"

score 2,356,935 on marathon mode rank 212

Comment

LEGEND!!! Howwww though!?
                            I though my half million was good!

Comment

Howwww though!?
                              i got 5 black pearls pretty easily, but the 6th was a right bugger. When you make the black pearls make sure you have a couple of star flowers left over to help make the next pearl. My score was about 1 million before i slotted the last black pearl into place. Still haven't unlocked the 100 games played achievement yet.

I think i might retire this game now, before i burn loads of hexagons onto my plasma and my retina's!!

Comment

Hey Gradius, great score

funny you mentioned your retina's, cus this game has really messed with my head, i tend to play it last thing at night just before bed, but trying to get to sleep is a nightmare.

My brain just wont stop rotating them bloody blocks, and i find myself watching tv and i start trying to match things in groups and start thinking if i rotate him he would form a block of three guys leaving two girls etc.

Thats why i stopped playing, but the last go i had i jumped from 11,000 to 3,000 so i was pretty pleased, still struggle to get the third black pearl tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X