No announcement yet.

Hexic HD - Xbox 360 Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hexic is a dangerous game, i loved it so much that even when i'd got the pooh-bah i found myself coming back to it. Once you have the grid system mastered it's amazing, such a smug sense of victory

Comment

I was top of my friends list leaderboard until I added you Chunky.

The Grand Pooh Bah will one day be mine though!!!

Comment

I got the Tick-Toc Doc achievement, was pretty easy but I have been focusing on Marathon so not tried for it until now. Just 3 more to go, I say just but man its challenging. I'm totally addicted to it now though...

Comment

After seeing spag on this ALL WEEKEND I decided to have another crack at it.. Very minor stuff, but I did manage to get 5 of the silver stars on screen for the first time..

Well I was chuffed anyway. Fecking bombs ruined it though.

Comment

Yeah, I was on it a fair bit on Saturday I got loads of the Star Flowers at one point but found it really hard moving around without accidently dropping them onto each other and thus loosing them before I could get some black pearls created. Now I make enough flowers for a pearl plus one to help move things around and repeat - need to start counting the ten combos so I'm more prepared for them damn bombs!!

Comment

I'm terrible at this game and whenever I play the mode with bombs I don't know how to get rid of them quick enough? However I feel i'm amazing on the non-bomb mode.

Comment

I remember when I started playing thinking that the count down on the bombs was time related and not related to the number of moves - was much better when I could sit back and plan out how to get rid of them instead of freaking out I'm totally knackered today, but have a black pearl ready and waiting at home, NEED to get back to it!!XD

Comment

I really wish i could show you guys how to make the grid system that i used to get the pooh bah, it's a thing of beauty when it comes together, you basically cover the whole board in silver stars and get to a point where you ONLY rotate the stars but you can't make a single combo from them, you're safe to move around anything you want. If i could video my xbox, i'd show you all, but i guess you'll have to make do with a photo of when i did it on the MSN Games free version instead

Comment

That doesn't make any sense to me Chunky, but all this chat has made me want to play it.

Comment

Holy ****!! There's a free version I can play at work??...that is very, very dangerous!

I read something about getting a grid set up, the lack of control without one is very frustrating tbh...will have to see what I can manage...

Comment

I could spend ages explaining the masters grid, but instead there is a webpage written to explain it all for you:

And yes, the freebie one is massively dangerous at work, as i found out one (extended) lunchtime (see pic above)

Comment

Will report back on tonights 4X4 grid attempt then! Cheers Chunky!!

Comment

I attempted to read the 4x4 grid method; only to proceed with no idea what I was doing. However, I did manage to get a few silver stars going. And then a bomb ended it for me.

Comment

My 4x4 grid is really taking shape, I have two columns containing 4 star flowers each and 3 in the third column...approaching the game this way makes so much sense its incredible - now I'm passing coloured hexagons from one flower to the next filling up the last flower to create a new one like some kind of multicoloured factory...interested to see what happens when I start converting them to black pearls!! Great advise Chunky.

Comment

Yeah it's great when it all comes together. Personally i don't really understand the 4x4 grid, you can easily make mistakes with it. With the Masters Grid you don't even have to look what colours they are, just pass them around til you get a star

I'm so tempted to have a go now but i know i'll lose the next few hours

Comment

Working...
                                X