Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled Dreamcast games list

Cancelled Dreamcast games:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I'm upset. Read and weep... Hard.

Depressing. Thanks for that.

Comment

Most of that stuff was/is/will be out on other platforms or was canned because it was rubbish. The only significant one in my eyes is Chakan 2.

Comment

It's a reminder of abandonment.
        It's a reminder of a ship that didn't deserve to sink so fast.

Comment

I didn't even know Final Fight Revenge (Capcom)

Comment

Daytona 3!
            Sonic & Knuckles RPG!!!111!

*breaks down*

Comment

Bleak **** isn't it? :/

Just think what the Dreamcast could have become if it'd sold just a few more million units.

2 years of utter bliss that damn machine provided. But it could also have easily been 4 or 5 years...

And the whole development philosophy on the format seemed to emphasise originality, innovation and most importantly quality.

Personally, I'm hoping that when gaming technology levels out in ten or so years for a while, and development kits and tools become relatively cheap for the DC, that some really competent fan efforts will kickstart its life again.

People may start looking back to gaming's past for inspiration when they see the future hitting a dead end.

If any machine deserves to be resurrected in some way during the future, then it's the DC. God. If only...

Comment

Wipeout (Psygnosis Liverpool Studio)

weird, i thought by this time sony had swallowed them whole?

Comment

Strange that Daytona 3 hasn't reared it's head elsewhere?

Comment

Absolutely Concept. In a way I'm guilty of not supporting the DC when it mattered. I picked up mine in the middle of 2001, a good few months after its death knell had been sounded mainly becuase I noticed a good deal of strong titles were on the market at incredibly cheap prices.

Didn't take long to realise that these 'strong titles' were some of the greatest pieces of entertainment ever to grace the gaming medium. Certainly, it's no coincidence that of all the formats I own, it's the DC that I own the most games for.

So, I guess I'm just echoing the sentiments of others, in that it's a shame that I only came to appreciate its greatness when it's too late. Even now, my mates appreciate the machine as one of the greatest ever, when upon its release they lambasted it as being crap

Comment

Tokyo Bus Guide: From Today, You're Also the Driver

damn missed out on a classic LOL

Comment

Depressing
                        Very depressing in fact. It really is such a shame for such a beutifull machine.

Comment

The was an incredible machine both inside and out.

It seemed every month I was getting a new perfect arcade conversion - W Impact blew me away when it was released, VF3, Sonic and Psychic Force kept me going at launch only to follow by Marvel Versus Capcom!!! Then Soul Calibur hit and I nearly died! More and more SICK games were being released as time went on yet nobody seemed to care
                          The PS2 was complete wank at first yet still it murdered the DC - people dont seem to give a damn about games at all.

Comment

LAST BRONX 2!!! Gone......... >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                              The was an incredible machine both inside and out.

It seemed every month I was getting a new perfect arcade conversion - W Impact blew me away when it was released, VF3, Sonic and Psychic Force kept me going at launch only to follow by Marvel Versus Capcom!!! Then Soul Calibur hit and I nearly died! More and more SICK games were being released as time went on yet nobody seemed to care
                              The PS2 was complete wank at first yet still it murdered the DC - people dont seem to give a damn about games at all.

Totally agree,who can remember repeatedly playing the demo pods(and a game called ready 2 rumble which my ps2 adoring m8s loved)Then came the purchase blue stinger,sonic adventure kept me hooked.Then the game i had been waiting for HOTD2(played previously on my summer hols) followed by many more as you would agree classics!!

And it still is a really good looking machine(so small) and the slight differences between the jp and the pal DC and the great japanese lineup of games make this a gaming travesty!!
                              i think i better lie down!!

Comment

Working...
                              X