Cancelled Dreamcast games list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papercut
    Propeller Arena (this was actually finished, delayed, then canned)
    Got canned because of the 9/11 which i still believe was absolutely ridiculous it wasn't even realistic looking. Looked so much fun especially as i think it was going be online.

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega
      Originally posted by Streets Of Rage
      i agree if they do do SoR 4 i will turn into a gibbering idiot as the release gets closer, i am looking forward to the SoR remake on PS2 (i think?)
      What remakes on PS2 !
      there was a thread round here the other day let me find it for you

Comment

Dynamite Baseball (AM1 / SEGA) is now Home Run King GC

****:
        Jambo Safari + Emergency Call Ambulance + Brave Fire Fighters (SEGA)

Remember screens from this back then:
        Take the Bullet (Red Lemon / SEGA)

Never heard of:
        Type X: Spiral Nightmare (SEGA)

Feel pain as I'm in to the first game atm:
        Shienryu 2 (Warashi)

Comment

here ya go

Comment

Originally posted by Streets Of Rage
            Arigato

Comment

Originally posted by Roost
              Propeller Arena (this was actually finished, delayed, then canned)
              Got canned because of the 9/11 which i still believe was absolutely ridiculous it wasn't even realistic looking. Looked so much fun especially as i think it was going be online.
              I think the 9/11 sensitivity was due to the fact that you could fly between (and into) sky scrapers.

I have an ad for it at the back of the manual for one of my US DC games.

Comment

Such a travesty it never came out, me an smeggy were devestated only thing were both still gutted about is no toy commader online

Comment

Thanks for posting the lsit, C' ...

Beach Spikers (AM2 / SEGA)
                  I'd not heard of this announced for the DC, but have always felt the GC game 'felt' like a DC conversion ...

Black & White (Lionhead Studios / Krisalis)
                  I always wanted this on a console - because I knew if I tried to play it on a PC, it would crash constantly.

bleem! for Dreamcast: bleempak A (bleem!, LLC)
                  bleem! for Dreamcast: bleempak B (bleem!, LLC)
                  bleem! for Dreamcast: bleempak C (bleem!, LLC)
                  bleem! for Dreamcast: bleempak D (bleem!, LLC)
                  bleem! for Dreamcast - Final Fantasy IX (bleem!, LLC)
                  bleem! for Dreamcast - Metal Gear Solid Integral (bleem!, LLC)
                  bleem! for Dreamcast - WWF Smackdown (bleem!, LLC)
                  bleem! for Dreamcast - WWF Smackdown 2 (bleem!, LLC)
                  I got bleem! for GT2 and MGS - and they're great.

Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (Codemasters)
                  Beginning of the end. CMR2 looked utterly amazing in previews, and I couldn't wait for it.

Final Fight Revenge (Capcom)
                  Come on Capcom, there's still time!

Galleon: Islands of Mystery (Confounding Factor / Interplay)
                  For all we know, it might still come out!

Half-Life for Dreamcast (Gearbox + Captivation Digital Laboratories / Sierra)
                  I presume everyone here's played this ...

The House of the Dead 3 (SEGA)
                  I can't remember this being announced. The first time I heard of a third game in the series was when the cel-shaded version was shown for the Xbox.

Jambo Safari + Emergency Call Ambulance + Brave Fire Fighters (SEGA)
                  These were really close to completion. They were great fun.

Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator (Microsoft + Konami)
                  Microsoft Links LS see ESPN Links Golf
                  This will be due to Microsoft's love for the DC before they decided to launch their own console ...

Propeller Arena Online: Aviation Battle Championship (AM2 / SEGA)
                  SEGA, I HATE YOU.

Sonic & Knuckles RPG (SEGA)
                  I HATE YOU MORE. It depends what sort of RPG they were looking at though. I could really see Knuckles in a Zelda-style quest.

Speed Devils 2 (Ubi Soft)
                  Different to Speed Devils Online?

Super Monkey Ball (Amusement Vision / SEGA)
                  The controller wouldn't have coped well enough with this, in my opinion.

Take the Bullet (Red Lemon / SEGA)
                  This was announced at launch. It was still "in development" when the DC was dropped.

Time Crisis II (Namco)
                  We could have done with another lightgun game.

Virtua Golf (Wow Entertainment / SEGA)
                  Great game.

Virtua Striker 3 (Amusement Vision / SEGA)
                  Lucky escape there.

Wipeout (Psygnosis Liverpool Studio)
                  I am sure this was never announced. It would have been Wip3out if anything.

Tim (tm)

Comment

Man I was desperate to get hold of some of these, notably prop arena and the real life jobs compilation.

Such a crying shame.

You know that people say they can remember precisely where they were when JFK was shot.... Well I can remember precisely where I was when I heard the DC died, such was the impact it had on my life. Sad but true.

Comment

I'm not convinced by the legitimacy of the SOR4 vids, as at least 1 of the characters has the name "sum****a"

A fair few games I'd have liked to get my grubby mitts on there but now never will :/

Sega World Wide Soccer 2001 emmerged as UEFA Dream Soccer when Infogrames axed their own football title in favour of joinin with Sega to make SWWS2001 licensed.

Jet Set Radio 2 was supposed to be a different game to JSRF and lets face it, it cudn't have been any worse.

Ah well, DC is gone now, get used to it all u gimps who didn't follow it all the way thru I still anticipate Toy Commander 2: Online even tho it'll probably never happen, it's still nice to hope. Then Agartha, that could have revolutionised survival horror but apparantly Sega caused too many probs saying stuff was too politically incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeghead
                        I still anticipate Toy Commander 2: Online even tho it'll probably never happen, it's still nice to hope.
                        Amen brother that game is in great need of Xb Live.

Comment

That list, and indeed this very thread reminds me of how sick many so-called gamers made me by refusing to support what clearly an amazing machine with many, many good games.

I can hear it now like it was yesterday:

"Nah! I'm not gonna bother with the Dreamcast, I'll wait for the PlayStation 2 - it's going to be better!"

"Did you know the PS2's meant to be so powerful it's a supercomputer - wow! This machine is going to rock! Don't think I'll bother with that other Playstation that's just come out..."

"But the PS2 is going to have [insert PS2 franchise here] so I reckon I'll get that instead."

"Yeah, but the PS2's meant to have more polys..."

The DC could've held its own today if it wasn't stifled in its sleep. Though the machine that killed it eventually went on to be better than the joke it was at launch, it still galls me to this day that the DC died for one reason and one reason only; it wasn't made by Sony.

Comment

That list isn't even complete

I got an old DC-UK mag with Stunt Driver (or something Similar) and a boxing game from Climax Studios. think there were a couple of other games in that issue too that never materialised.

Rally Championship isn't on either an if I tried could probably pull up a few others. Terrible thing to happen to such a good console, to say it didn't have a release schedule of any note after mid 2001 was a joke.

Comment

I wonder if incredibly primative betas of any of these are available on P2P networks.

It would certainly be fascinating to check some of them out.

Baldur's Gate + Dreamcast would have just been bliss.

Comment

The death of the Dreamcast represents everything I dislike about video games, hype, bull****, fanboyism, conservatism, and Electronic Arts.
                                You and me both man!

I was so sick of people going on and on about the PS2 even before it was out when you had the best game system yet, selling stupidly cheap and month after month of insanely good arcade conversions and original (and very innovative) software released. Even tho there was jack **** worth bothering with out for the PS2 at launch or the following year everyone bought it anyway! The region protection on the DC is so easily bypassed - it's an importers dream machine.

It just proves that it doesnt matter about quality anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X