No announcement yet.

Cancelled Dreamcast games list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know what its main problem was, no decent football game, the amount of times i heard "it aint got no fiffa games" would make any normal person go insane. im not really a big football fan so this dident bother me, but dident it do well in the U S at a point because of american football, and basketball stuff that came out on it.

Its a shame to say it, and i supose it shows the state of things at the moment, but a crappy rehash of fiffa might of shifted a few more consoles, and prolonged its life a bit. an iss wouldent of gone amiss either

Comment

Thats so sad! >_<

I'm sorry but attitudes like that disgust me. You cant seem to get away from that stupid game! Shame people are so narrow minded they have no time for games which dont re-create a real life game, it's so stupid!

Comment

I had a DC day yesterday inspired by this thread. It's dead now but we know how good it was so lets enjoy the quality games it gave us

Long live the DC!

Comment

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

The DC for me anyway is, and always will be, my favourite console. It's awesome and still gets as much playtime as the newer consoles. Which has gotta count for something?

While I can play games like, Bangai-O, F355, Powerstone, Shenmue and Rez, the DC will NEVER die.

It's the gamers choice of console anyway. Took a few of my mates quite some time to realise this too. While they were playing on their PSOne's waiting for the PS2, I was enjoying the quality and diversity of the DC. They all slowly caught on and most of them own a DC now.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
            Thats so sad! >_<

I'm sorry but attitudes like that disgust me. You cant seem to get away from that stupid game! Shame people are so narrow minded they have no time for games which dont re-create a real life game, it's so stupid!
            mabey a few years down the line people will get fed up with this mass market pap.

the thing you gotta rember is that games like fifa are never rembered as classics, the very people that buy them are the ones shunning them for there rubbish graphics, a few years down the line.

it must be pretty crap working for EA, when you know your latest game is gonna be gathering dust in a preowned bin a year or so on. where the job satisfaction in that.

its there stratagy to relase time dated games, and it probably always will, while they still sell in massive quantities.

Comment

People latch on to what they know.

The Dreamcast was a new quantity, something fresh.

That's why it never stood a chance. The same happens with all games or hardware that try something a bit different.

Gamers on mass will always buy the tried and trusted, even if what's contained within those concepts happens to be complete pap. Dreamcast was killed by the Playstation 2 hype machine... But again...

I don't think the DC story is completely over. It is for now, yes... But there are people all over who care feverishly about that machine. And for those who care about games, I doubt the Dreamcast will ever truly die.

It's spirit embodied some of the most positive things that can come out of gaming.

Comment

^^^ brings a tear to my eye thats the spirit

Comment

While the Dreamcast didn't have a single decent representation of the Association game, only Europeans seemed to care about that.

Its the EA brand as much as the style of game, though. It did ok but not spectacularly well in the US, despite the fact that Sega's own American sports titles beat the EA versions hands down; their NBA games in particular were great fun even though I'm not keen on the sport itself, and their Gridiron, Ice Hockey and Baseball titles were also pretty good.

Comment

There were sum ace games there, will these be produced on other machines or will they never see the light of day?

I remember my Dreamcasts fondly and even still buy re releases like F355 for my PS2. Unfortunatly i did not have enuff money to buy my JPN PS2 when i was a YT, so i traded in my European and JPN Dreamcasts. I have had DC's since but the condition of them was no where near as good as the previous new Hong Kong version i once owned.

Comment

Originally posted by JU!
                      There were sum ace games there, will these be produced on other machines or will they never see the light of day?
                      Bit of both, I suspect. Lots have already made it to other platforms in some form or another. Others were ports to the DC from other places from the start, while further titles were multi-platform that just ended up one platform short.

But there are some (Propellor Arena, for a start) that were probably playable before getting consigned to the shelf. Its a pity, but no more than when its happened elsewhere, like Rage's Lamborghini.

And then there's Galleon. Go on, laugh. Its funny.

Comment

For me, the key title is Shenmue.

I think it's telling that Sega have never ported it over to any platform. It's almost like sticking a finger up to all those who mauled over the DC's corpse for the tastiest bits.

That one title, which was originally billed under the promise of fresh revolution has managed to avoid the multi-format path and remain on the one system that made it what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                          For me, the key title is Shenmue.

I think it's telling that Sega have never ported it over to any platform. It's almost like sticking a finger up to all those who mauled over the DC's corpse for the tastiest bits.

That one title, which was originally billed under the promise of fresh revolution has managed to avoid the multi-format path and remain on the one system that made it what it was.
                          what about shenmue 2 that is on xbox aswell... but your right the dreamcast was a brillent machine with some great games for it and looking at that list if some of them games come out then the dreamcast would still be in production today

Comment

Shenmue isn't Shenmue II.

Comment

Oh, and Soul Calibur. That's another of the DC famous that avoided multi-format whoring.

Hmm... Come to think of it, out of the DC's sweetest of the sweet, which of the majors managed to stay fully at home?

Jet Set Radio... There's another.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                                Oh, and Soul Calibur. That's another of the DC famous that avoided multi-format whoring.

Hmm... Come to think of it, out of the DC's sweetest of the sweet, which of the majors managed to stay fully at home?

Jet Set Radio... There's another.
                                Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
                                Power Stone

2 that immediately spring to mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X