Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The netcode is pretty awful but for some 1 on 1 fighting with friends KOF98 is still one of my favourites.

Comment

Agreed on the breakdown of the SNK fighters. They're all good for local but if you're reliant on netplay then NGBC is the one to get.

If you're into classic genres, get yourself Guwange. I'm waiting for a price drop on Raystorm & KOF:Sky Stage too.

Comment

I purchased KOF 2002 last night but won't dare venture online yet since I'm very crap these days at all games.

I got the demo of NGBC but the characters they limit you to didn't really appeal to me, I think I need to check out some youtube vids.

Will probably end up buying it.

I can't believe the screen format issue in Raystorm, it does look very nice, though. Chopping off part of the screen just doesn't sound right, though.

edit-thanks for the info.

Comment

Summer of Arcade details.

Starting July 20, enjoy five consecutive weeks of the season?s most highly anticipated downloadable games, including:
          • ?Toy Soldiers: Cold War? (Signal Studios/Microsoft Studios). Jump into the fray with playful ?80s combat action in ?Toy Soldiers: Cold War.? Bring your favorite action toys to life and wage war against the red menace. Need backup? Call in a friend for co-op campaign action on the couch or over Xbox LIVE. Take a break from the main battle with Survival mode and playful minigames. When you beat your LIVE friends? scores, they?ll be gunning to reclaim the top spot!
          • ?Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet? (Fuelcell/Microsoft Studios). This side-scrolling, 2-D, action-adventure game takes players on a journey through the curious Shadow Planet worlds, unique environments filled with twisted life, surreal ecologies, hostile creatures and environmental hazards. Players explore the depths of several interconnected themed areas, fighting swarms of enemies, battling bosses, solving mind-bending puzzles and acquiring power-ups to unlock new parts of the map.
          • ?Fruit Ninja Kinect? (Halfbrick/Microsoft Studios). The worldwide gaming phenomenon ?Fruit Ninja? is now coming to Kinect for Xbox 360 in its juiciest form yet ? YOU are the ninja! Your arms are now blades, and the battle against the world?s most delicious produce is just beginning. ?Fruit Ninja Kinect? is an amazing evolution of the slice-em-up genre created by Halfbrick, utilizing next-generation precision power for the juiciest combat ever!
          • ?Bastion? (Supergiant Games/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment). ?Bastion? is an action role-playing experience that redefines storytelling in games, with a reactive narrator who marks your every move. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
          • ?From Dust? (Ubisoft Montpellier/Ubisoft). Discover a unique Modern God game in which nature is the star. ?From Dust? is the latest original concept by Eric Chahi, visionary creator of ?Another World.? Behold the beauty of a primitive world pulsing with life and face the might of nature. Beware the danger of a world that is constantly changing under your command. Control the destiny of a tribe struggling to survive and help it recover its ancestors? lost powers. Immerse yourself in a world as exotically beautiful as it is dangerous. A universe where nature reclaims what is hers and you are your people?s only chance of survival.

Comment

Don't suppose I've missed a Radiant Silvergun date being announced amidst all the E3 madness?

Also, get hype:

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Don't suppose I've missed a Radiant Silvergun date being announced amidst all the E3 madness?

Not yet.

Comment

Strangely there has been no new arcade game for the past two weeks wouldn't it of been a good week for a high profile release what's happened to games like fez I really thought that would make it into the summer of arcade.

Comment

"The Home of Racing" panel has popped up with some reduced Forza 3/Hot Pursuit/Burnout Paradise addons.

Also Scrap Metal for 600 and Days of Thunder for 400.

Comment

Half minute hero went up yesterday the new graphics make it look like a flash game! they truly are a crime against the eyes, thankfully you can turn them off, I've never played this game before and it was quirky and had a bit of humor to it but its very throw away, which is probably why no one on here is playing it.

Also noticed some nice price drops this week zeno clash is down to 600 would it be rude not to get this?

As a closing note Is the xbox live arcade scene dead there seems to be no enthusiasm for it these days

Comment

There's some decent stuff coming, like From Dust. We're just in the usual summer lull.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        As a closing note Is the xbox live arcade scene dead there seems to be no enthusiasm for it these days
                        Nope. XBLA is more vibrant than ever. It isn't just a superfluous extra that needs to be hyped anymore. It's a notable part of the base experience.

Comment

Xbox live arcade is the lifeblood of the 360 for me. I have far more interest in the releases on there than disc releases these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            Half minute hero went up yesterday the new graphics make it look like a flash game! they truly are a crime against the eyes, thankfully you can turn them off, I've never played this game before and it was quirky and had a bit of humor to it but its very throw away, which is probably why no one on here is playing it.
                            I'm playing it! I feel a bit daft though as I played through the PSP version only last week, not realising the 360 version was due so soon! It's a great title, going for a more complete run this time though And yes, off with the 'neo' graphics - it looks awful.

And just to agree with the rest here, XBLA is awesome. If I were to advise a new 360 gamer on what to buy, my first recommendation would be 20,000 moonbucks.

And as an aside, if anyone grabs / has already grabbed Xmen Arcade on this weeks offers, gimme a shout. I only need the two multi achievements and as long as you've got 3 controllers it'll take all of about 15 minutes to get them!

Comment

Some info from another forum

Next week's DotW, July 5th to July 11th.

Torchlight 800 (33% off)
                              Dante’s Inferno: Dark Forest Pack 200 (50% off)
                              Medal of Honor Hot Zone Pack 400 (50% off)
                              Rock Band Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik Album 1200 (25% off)
                              Stacking 600 (50% off)

I think I will be buying Torchlight & Stacking

Comment

Hard Corps Uprising is half price at 600 moon dollars for the next few days. I've been waiting for it to drop in price since it came out.

Comment

Working...
                                X