Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gizmondo - The best handheld we have seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giz what now?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcL7
      It was 230 pounds here with nothing else - the 'smartads' version was cheaper at 130 pounds.

John
      As far as i kno wthe non smart ads versions never surfaced.

there was a deal which was £229 which contained

Headphones
      2 Games + a voucher to get Colors
      and a case

But the console was the Smart Ads version. Smart Ads never got off the ground anyway.

Theres going to be some hard to get stuff in the future

only about 10 copies of Chicane
      only about 60 copies of Hit and Myth

And less copies of Carmageddon and Confict

Anyway i would say its well worth £60

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole
        Do you know the full story? it was not the product that was the problem.

Oh and to answer your question yes Dreamcast.

The Gizmondo was not given a chance and by the time retailers started to stock it and give it a go problems started to arise, but again thats nothing to do with the software or the console.

I suggest you read the financial forum on www.gizmondoforums.com theres a few ex Gizmondo employees including the head to the Texas studio that was somehow left owing close to $1 million (though no fault of his own).

anephric HMV have been selling off theior stock for ?40 for a couple of months now, you maybe luck and nab one there.

Why not go for the comet deal ?99 for the console and the nav software tha twill feths ?70 on ebay resulting in you getting the console for ?30.
        Dreamcast sold way more, had a longer life AND had many many more hits as well as emulation and stuff

Comment

Did Colors get as far as being manufactured? It was still down for release right up until Tiger's Chapter 11 filing (I think it was supposed to be out last January?)

Comment

Q- Yup it did. you could buy a non-smart adds one from teh flagship store and online.

Q- Agreed, its worth the money for the emulators alone.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
              Did Colors get as far as being manufactured? It was still down for release right up until Tiger's Chapter 11 filing (I think it was supposed to be out last January?)
              Colors was never offically released but i finished version is available (if you catch my drift).

Comment

there was a deal which was £229 which contained

Headphones
                2 Games + a voucher to get Colors
                and a case

But the console was the Smart Ads version. Smart Ads never got off the ground anyway.

Theres going to be some hard to get stuff in the future

only about 10 copies of Chicane
                only about 60 copies of Hit and Myth

And less copies of Carmageddon and Confict

Well, the non smartads versions definitely surfaced here - the smartads version didn't appear until a couple of months later in Gamestation.

John

Comment

I wouldn't wipe my bum with a Gizmondo, especially since I could buy a GP32 or half-decent palm PC and load it with any emulators or media I wanted.

Comment

Colors was never offically released but i finished version is available (if you catch my drift).
                    Aren't the developers who have been unpaid looking at getting the unreleased but finished software onto the market through ebay and such?

Comment

The only game that Gizmondo Texas could lay clame to fully was Hit and Myth.

It went through a limited run of 50 copies and is never to be reprinted.

Comment

Working...
                      X