Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The box art wont make this game good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotaku
      X-Play's going to be showing off some "never-before-seen" gameplay footage from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PlayStation 3 tonight.

The folks over at the G4 show promise no teaser trailers, no cinematics, just 100 percent brand new in-game footage. If you're up for that sort of thing make sure to catch it tonight at 8 p.m. on G4.
      Shouldn't be too long before it's all over the place online.

Comment

First impressions from Eurogamer

Comment

So Europe finally gets an MGS bundle too.
          Originally posted by Sony

A Snake-Skinned Package with Real Veno

London - 6th May 2008: One of the legends of the PlayStation? generation has taken his partnership with the platform to the next level. Solid Snake, the hero of the Metal Gear Solid? (MGS) franchise, is, this summer, being bundled with PLAYSTATION?3 and a SIXAXIS controller offering millions of PS3 and MGS fans around the world the ultimate gaming combo.

Concluding Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid saga, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is set in a battle-scarred future where huge conglomerates fight for supremacy using armies of hand-picked mercenaries. This devastated world is seen through the battle-weary eyes of an older Solid Snake who has been charged with infiltrating a number of key locations across the globe, including the Middle East and South America. As such, the epic end to Snake's story offers ground-breaking combat elements, a refined control system that offers unprecedented control over the aged hero, and the tying up of key plot lines and loose ends.

Similarly, the accompanying Metal Gear Online features all the stunning stealth and combat elements of Guns of the Patriots, as it drops the player into a series of war zones and game options. With all-out 'Last Man Standing' battles to rescue and protection missions, Metal Gear Online effortlessly transfers the sublime control system of the series to an online competition, creating an absorbing battle between like-minded fans.

Available from June 12 and priced at 439,99 Euros this offer is one of the most exciting bundles to date - bringing two great servants of the games industry together for the conclusion of what has been one hell of a ride!

Comment

You can take or leave the hard drive size since it's easy and cheap enough to swap out, but bundling it with a Sixaxis?

Quite frankly that's a piss take seeing as it comes as standard in the US one and Kojima has made it quite clear the games been developed with rumble in mind.

Or are people in Europe supposed to be oblivious that you can get a controller with rumble in for the PS3?

Comment

The bad news is that Sony have been very clear about the controllers in Europe.

What they've said is that they aren't producing any more without the rumble and the remaining SixAxis stock will be sold over here until and once it's gone they'll start shipping the DS3s over here.

I've often said that rumble does nothing for me in games apart from in Gran Turismo & MGS and I think it's pathetic to see that it isn't bundled with any games over here but particularly with those two as it's a big part of both!

In other good news...it looks like the bundled PS3 is just the standard black one instead of the finishes other places are getting.

Comment

So no special edition, no dual shock and it works out at over £340 quid.......
                great.

Comment

No special edition for the UK? frankly thats a poor show - again.

Comment

we always get conned over here, its europe baby

Comment

I'm kinda glad I didn't hold off getting the machine when I did. I'm enjoying the old death-ray player.
                      I guess I was being stupid thinking SCEE might cut us some slack for once

Comment

Just noticed Play.com have now got a Special edition available here for £79.99.
                        Comes with a 6" Snake figure, making of Blu-Ray disc and a soundtrack CD. Hopefully it'll have similar artwork to the US LE.

Comment

Nice one! Cheers for the heads up.

Comment

the reason Europe never get anything nice is because everyone rushes and puts their money on the table regardless of what they actually get. Just look at how Sony never offered Europeans the 20GB PS3 instead they sold us a 60GB machine with partial backwards compatibility at a much higher price than America & Japan.

This is why more and more people are hating Sony because they take the piss..

And bloody Konami are no better, you think I'm gonna order that stupid collectors edition at a ridiculous 79.99 for what is essentially the same game with a stupid making blu-ray priced the same as the best blu-ray releases not a chance, even Ratatouille a great blu-ray release can be picked for ?14 and doesn't contain worthless footage of Konami computer desks showing how they made MGS4 a game that looks like a high resolution PS2 game what an amazing technical achievement!

Comment

I take it you won't be buying the game then. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
                                the reason Europe never get anything nice is because everyone rushes and puts their money on the table regardless of what they actually get. Just look at how Sony never offered Europeans the 20GB PS3 instead they sold us a 60GB machine with partial backwards compatibility at a much higher price than America & Japan.

This is why more and more people are hating Sony because they take the piss..

And bloody Konami are no better, you think I'm gonna order that stupid collectors edition at a ridiculous 79.99 for what is essentially the same game with a stupid making blu-ray priced the same as the best blu-ray releases not a chance, even Ratatouille a great blu-ray release can be picked for ?14 and doesn't contain worthless footage of Konami computer desks showing how they made MGS4 a game that looks like a high resolution PS2 game what an amazing technical achievement!
                                I guess now wouldn't be a good time to say

PRE ORDER GOT!

?

Comment

Working...
                                X