Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get into the game at all.. I've deleted and recreated my IDs and everything.. but still getting "cannot connect to server". It's really infuriating. Is anyone else trying to connect to the Euro beta from Japan? And if you have succeeded, what did you do?

Comment

What a joke this beta Is. Spend 5 hours downloading the 1.1 update, nothing works for days and no one can even get a log on I'd from the website. Download another update, spend 30 mins trying to get the log in I'd to work again, get log in I'd and the game won't let me log in. What a waste of time. Don't think I'll bother with any more konami online games.

Comment

I`m sure they are working on it, after all it is a beta. Its ment to test the stress on their networks etc. Not a bad feat - we went from all nations trying to log in and killing service which was updated in under a week to a semi stable service, give it a few more days and I`m sure it`ll be ok.
        It is a bit of a pain in the arse but its all part of the test and besides it costs nothing.

Comment

I've not bothered with this yet. I've logged on and created a character without any difficulties but that's it so far.

I do think people need to remember the reason for a beta release though. This isn't running for us to enjoy the game, it's there purely for Konami's benefit so they can sort out stuff before the release in the summer so that it's OK for the people playing it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
            I can't get into the game at all.. I've deleted and recreated my IDs and everything.. but still getting "cannot connect to server". It's really infuriating. Is anyone else trying to connect to the Euro beta from Japan? And if you have succeeded, what did you do?
            See my post, same as you.

Tried downloading the Euro one from the UK store but it's not there for some reason.

Comment

I think it`s clunky because the characters are not maxed out. i.e I think Snake is a maxed out vers of them. I think Snake will handle miles better in MGS4. I enjoyed my games I had sneakin up on peeps etc but did feel rather slow. Sorry to all the peeps who can`t log in. Maybe the servers are down at the mo, cus I got in first time. I`mk using Japanese beta. Just change yr language to Eng on yr machine and the Japanese beta comes out in Eng if you want anyways.

Comment

From what I've read on other forums via googling it seems they could be region locked, i.e. a guy from the US got a US code but downloaded the Euro beta and he keeps getting the 090B:0000...1 error.

Comment

Hmmm.. I'm not sure.

I'm using the following:

Japanese PS3
                  Euro Beta
                  UK ID (subsequently changed to JP ID)

It didn't work. As I was using the correct region ID for the correct software version it would indicate that it doesn't like my Japanese PS3.. but plenty of people have already confirmed they can run the Euro beta on an import PS3.

So that only leaves the fact that I'm trying to connect to the Euro beta from a different geographical location (as I am in Japan).. so I would guess it's blocking my IP address?

No idea! I would like to try the Japanese beta software but it's not on the store, so I guess this beta is over for me - I am not able to participate.

Comment

Yep so that's it, you have to use the beta for the region you are in, I'm in the UK and couldn't use the Jap beta, you are in Japan and cannot use the Euro beta.

Comment

AOL FTW Nice of em to dump all AOL users from beta in UK as its always easier for them to fix the issues than ban you and blame your ISP isnt it

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                        Hmmm.. I'm not sure.

I'm using the following:

Japanese PS3
                        Euro Beta
                        UK ID (subsequently changed to JP ID)

It didn't work. As I was using the correct region ID for the correct software version it would indicate that it doesn't like my Japanese PS3.. but plenty of people have already confirmed they can run the Euro beta on an import PS3.

So that only leaves the fact that I'm trying to connect to the Euro beta from a different geographical location (as I am in Japan).. so I would guess it's blocking my IP address?

No idea! I would like to try the Japanese beta software but it's not on the store, so I guess this beta is over for me - I am not able to participate.
                        Please try. To get the Japanese beta go to account management in your Japanese account, and enter the code you were given for your Japanese Konami ID for MGSO. In the voucher thing where you usually put PSN network card codes enter your MGSO code here. This will start the Japanese MGSO download hope that helps.

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                        A quick explanation so people know how to get this sorted.

Both the Japanese & US versions have been available to download since at least yesterday morning.

To get them you need to do this in the XMB:
                        >Account Management
                        >Transaction Management
                        >Redeem Playstation Network Card or Promotion Code

You'll then need to input your 12 digit promo code that you either got via the code that came with your pre-order copy of Metal Gear Saga: Vol 2 DVD (US only) or via the Konami ID site.
                        As John Parry says above
                        Last edited by JU!; 27-04-2008, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                          AOL FTW Nice of em to dump all AOL users from beta in UK as its always easier for them to fix the issues than ban you and blame your ISP isnt it
                          What! that sucks, I remember problems with AOL when I used to play PSO on the dreamcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                            That's weird. I'm with AOL and haven't had any connection problems.

EDIT; just tried again and all is fine. Have you checked the nat type on your ps3? If it doesn't show as nat type 2, then maybe it's a problem with your router. If you're using the Netgear router that came free with AOL, make sure it has the latest firmware. That router was always flaky as hell with the ps3 for me 'til I upgraded it with the latest firmware.
                            Last edited by PrayforMojo; 27-04-2008, 18:54.

Comment

Tried to download the first update yesterday and it took 5 hours to get to 24%. At that point my PS3 was getting a bit warm so I quit it. What gives?

Comment

Great little interview with David Hayter.

Discusses MGS 4, GTA , and his favourite Metal Gear.

Also has a little snipe at the nonsense that was MGS 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X