Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malc View Post
    90 minutes is insane; it'll be like watching Commando, except just talking and no infinite ammo gun fights with Arnie.
    shame on me I always thought that Arnie films were realistic. 10 minutes intro 15 minutes ending 10-15 minutes climax not bad really having experienced the 20 minute Okami slide show intro.

Edit: hang on a sec that only adds up to half an hour now what happens in the remaning hour - that is long.
    Last edited by Morph; 23-05-2008, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by fried gold View Post
      I'm all for 90 minute cut-scenes. Hopefully it'll be the final cutscene that's an hour and a half long though, in order to wrap up all the loose ends etc.

Also, as far as the bundle goes, I got this reply from Play.com:

"item is unfortunately unavailable. We will not be receiving
      stock. You may cancel this order yourself via the outstanding orders
      page of your account or we can cancel it for you if you wish. We
      apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

So yeah. They messed up and didn't tell anyone about it.
      Oh well sucks that it didnt exist i was expecting an email sooner or later, thats the least they can do, i think a ranting email there way should vent my anger! they could least offer some kind of "sorry we messed up" (ie. voucher) buying a normal PS3 seems like a loss might leave it a while, ahem

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
        get western version and all will be revealed, yer big tart! lol
        That's like telling an Orthodox Jew to have a bacon sarnie!

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
          90 minute cutscenes, thats right, theres more than one!
          I think Kojima really lost it this time ..... 90min cutscene.... that is just insane, you buy MGS4 to play or to watch ?! I for sure don't have the spare to time to play something, and then a 90min cutscene begins and I'll be watching some very bad acted CGI movie about the feelings and moral problems from some old sigarette smoking killing machine....

I'm curious how the gameplay has evolved since part 1, seems that again all focus has been on making some B-movie story and lots and lots of cutscene's and radio talk instead of actually creating a fun game to play.

Comment

I don't mind, my tv is about 200cms away. I can just lay down, relax and watch the awesomeness.

I just hope the 90mins dont consist of Otacon blubbering over Snake or something. Like he did in MGS2, it just went on forever. I just wanted to smack him.
            Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 23-05-2008, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              ...my tv is half a yard away from the tv...
              Um, whut?

Comment

I couldn't think of a good way to interpret how far away my tv is to my bed. Which is f*** all.

Comment

You sleep on a TV near your TV? Hardcore!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                    You sleep on a TV near your TV? Hardcore!
                    Oh, LOL. I see it now, stupid me.

Comment

I don't see how they can get away with this. If the 90 minutes is full of talking it's going to get boring, whatever the subject matter is. If it's full of gunfights and explosions and exciting stuff, then you should be doing that stuff yourself - not watching it.

It sounds horribly flawed to me, though admittedly I'm not a MGS fan in the least. I thought the first game had way too much talking in it.

It'll be interesting to see what the reviews say, though. I imagine any other game would get ripped apart for including cutscenes that last so long.

Comment

But on the other side of the coin the hardcore fans want to know everything.
                        So they had better answer all those burning questions!

Comment

the 90 minute cutscene is said to be bs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Glider View Post
                            Hehe. I notice that GAME in store are offering the making of dvd as a pre-order bonus, but there's no mention of it online.

Comment

Do Game send the DVD out in advance as happened in the US or do you just get it with the actual game?

EDIT:
                              Thinking about it, it's probably just with the game as when I got my US DVD it also had the beta code in the case which explains why I ended up with it a couple of months before release.
                              Last edited by JP; 23-05-2008, 20:52.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                                the 90 minute cutscene is said to be bs.
                                Probably the ending+credits (if true) - which wouldnt really surprise me as most MGS endings are fairily lengthy and the credits have a lot of footage (of people - or animals....).

Comment

Working...
                                X