Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it'd be nice if it was a brand new game for which ever system it's released on rather than a remake of a game that's already out.

A lot of people seem to be going for a 360 port due to he green power symbol. Hopefully it is but that's a universal symbol for power on which pretty everything in my house powered by electricity has on the power button so I wouldn't read too much into that at the moment.

I'm guessing that it's going to be for either the DSi or iPhone but knowing what Kojima is like it's just as likely to be him taking the piss out of forum users.

If it is a new full blown MGS, I wonder who'll be directing it now that Kojima's pretty much a major player on the corporate side of Konami rather than the production side?

Well whatever it is, I'm all for some brand new MGS and I'm thinking about getting a DSi so that would work well for me and give me a real excuse to buy one.

Comment

Haven't been keeping tabs on this, but doesn't a Substance/Subsistence type thing make sense?

Comment

For the very first time I've just noticed my alarm clock has a symbol like that on it!

Holy ****, MGS4 on my alarm clock!

Comment

Yeah that symbol is a universal one (even the PS3 has it).
          Its just the colour that seems suggestive.

Comment

Just thought I'd add some more to the speculation of what this could be, some people on the internets seem to think it could be extra content or an alternative ending for MGS4.

There were rumors going about shortly after the games release that due to Snake

only having 6mths left to live

something would happen on December 12th which is 6mths after the games release on June 12th.

Obviously it's just a rumour but would be pretty cool if something did happen on the 12th, I wouldn't put it past Kojima to do something like this.

Comment

That symbol could be a fancy 'O'. It could be....

METAL GEAR OTACON

Guide Otacon in his first adventure. Trapped out of his home by the maniacle automated toilet system Metal Gear Kiezer, Otacon fears not being able to get in again so much that he accidentally pees his pants. Your mission is to guide Otacon from his front door to the city centre department store for clean pants undetected in order to avoid humilation from the public. If you succeed in this pant wettingly exciting mission you must face off with MGK to save your home and make it to the church on time to bid farewell to Snake's corpse.

Comment

Could be the 360 version I guess, MGs4 Substandard

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                  Easy tiger, just a thought - with the new 360 dash whats to stop mgs 4 coming on a couple of discs and being an install only game? The main reason the PS3 version takes up so much bluray disc space is because of the uncompressed audio, squeeze that down a bit and I`m sure it would fit on a couple of dual layer discs.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                    QFT! Gave me much giggles!

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                      Easy tiger, just a thought - with the new 360 dash whats to stop mgs 4 coming on a couple of discs and being an install only game? The main reason the PS3 version takes up so much bluray disc space is because of the uncompressed audio, squeeze that down a bit and I`m sure it would fit on a couple of dual layer discs.
                      I'm pretty sure MS still don't want many games to require a HDD.

It needs to be mentioned that what we call the 360 "install" isn't really install, it's just an ISO dump to the HDD. The game has no hooks to let it know it's running off the HDD instead of the DVD, hence the Halo 3 problem.

Basically, this doesn't give devs a full "installation"option. So if MGS360 came on 4 DVDs, you'd effectively "install" them individually, then start the game with disc 1 in the drive; when it was time to go to disc 2, you'd have to change discs. Not a big deal to change discs imo. However, it's not a true install, you're just cutting down media load times.

Sorry for being pedantic but a lot of people have completely the wrong idea of the "install" option, so it's worth pointing out the details so we're all clearer in the future

Comment

Well I`m wiser now - cheers

Comment

Hideo Kojima Spike VGA Interview

Comment

Hideo Kojima said that we'd still have a couple week's worth of speculation on what "A Next Metal Gear Is...", but rumored scans from Famitsu may have spoiled it. It's Metal Gear. For the iPhone.

Metal Gear - for iPhone.

Comment

Damn it, probably gonna have to upgrade my Ipod Touch software now...

Comment

Have to say I wasn't expecting that!

Comment

Working...
                                X