Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
    Iphone games are atrocious. I keep buying them and even though they may be pretty, the Iphone is not suited to typical games.
    Monkeyball was definately the worst I've bought , you cannot play a game that requires you to tilt the screen away from where you are looking.
    How many have you tried ? I've found the free/59p jobs to be better than the ones pumped out by the big famous software houses.

I've been playing this a fair bit since the weekend, Snowball Runner, simple enjoyable fun

At the end of the day a handheld with no proper buttons was never going to be fantastic for gaming, but a lot of people have made some very enjoyable games with what's available.

Comment

Just read the news, unexpected and I'm sort of disappointed! - Big fan of Metal Gear Solid and an I-Phone owner (bit of a leftfield decision) I was hoping for a 360, Wii or even Nintendo DS version of MGS with that banner teaser floating around, surely it would have made more sense to Konami to release a new game or a port what with the other consoles bigger installed user-bases. But hey-ho! - I look forward to see what they do on the I-Phone.
      Last edited by Miguel007; 17-12-2008, 23:15.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
        I actually laughed when I read about what the new game was!!

I suppose it may be OK though as I'm sure Kojima will add plenty of his unique touches to the game but I am very disappointed it's not a follow up or an add-on of some sort.

LOL Nice one

The problem with a lot of iphone stuff is they try to be too clever for their own good. I would have settled for an acid type spin off on the iphone

Comment

I couldn't resist it, as soon as I reasd about the game that image was in my head.

To be fair though, it's not a comment on the actual game as MetalGearOperationWolf may well be an amazing game but I was really hoping for something else completely.

I'm sure that Kojima knew exactly what he would stir up on the internet when he posted the original image.

Comment

Destructoid
            Man seeking women for Metal Gear Solid roleplay

This isn't the first time we have run a story about a twisted Craigslist sex ad, and I personally hope it won't be the last. We've spotted a "27-year-old professional male" who is seeking three women to roleplay as Naomi, Mei Ling and Meryl from Metal Gear Solid while the placer of the ad portrays Solid Snake himself ... and yes, he does make the joke about having a snake that is solid. Twice.
            Anyway, we thought we'd give the guy a helping hand. Any takers?

"Must be in the age range of 20-30," he states. "If none of you are Asian, you can choose amongst yourselves which one will be Mei Ling. If by chance one of you has a mother or older sister wishing to play the role of Eve, by all means, do so.
            "I will of course be playing the role of Solid Snake, equipped with a VERY solid, and robust snake. If you catch my drift. We will start with the first game and work our way on, night by night.

"Imagine me, crawling around the floor, hiding under the bed, ready to pounce into one of your sloppy p*ssies. Maybe you wont be able to see me, because of my Octocamo suit. Or maybe Ill be blunt and forceful, showing each one of you what a real solid snake is like.

"While I am getting to the CQB with one of you, the others are expected to cheer us on, as they exhibit great lust for each other."

The hopeful Craigslister will supply the costumes, but you must be in the size range of 3-8. You'll also need to be familiar with the characters, although no gameplay experience is expressly required. Just in case you're not wet enough yet, he is open to the idea of meeting for cocktails. What are you waiting for? Go get him!

[Thanks, Mr. Satsu]

Comment

Old thread alert!

The new Metal Gear Solid 4 Greatest Hits box art for the PS3 reveals trophy support. Could trophies really be coming to MGS4?

Perhaps they'll finally be in by the time I get around to playing it.

Comment

I really don't fancy having to go through it on The Boss Extreme difficulty again. Hopefully it'll never happen.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So apparently the SCEA printed LBP PSP game also says it has trophies. Move along, nothing to see here.

Comment

I really thought it was going to be a dead cert that we'd of had another re-release of this by now with trophy support and the usual extra crap tacked on. Surprised it didn't happen, can't see them doing it now though.

Comment

As much as I'd love it, I reckon it's false. I don't see Konami committing staff to working on trophies for a vanilla rerelease if they haven't worked on them already.

Comment

Well at least there will be achievements in the 360 version.....oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          Well at least there will be achievements in the 360 version.....oh wait.
                          TOO SOOON!

Its still coming. .

Comment

Surely there will be a Substance/Subsistence version for both at some point? Seems insane not to do it when they'll do great on the 360, and lots of PS3 people will pick it up again for the trophies.

Comment

Bit too late now I think, personally.

Comment

Yeah think it is a bit too late for a phat edition for both consoles, although it would be nice to see a Substance/Subsistance game though always is good for the additions. Do think Kojima Pro were glad to get MGS4 out there on time and are now aiming high with Metal Gear Solid Raiden Rising for both consoles, would imagine that is a bit of a handfull.
                                MGS4 was 2 n half years ago now sheesh time does fly.

Comment

Working...
                                X