Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't imagine it'd look too hot on the 360. I've finally resigned myself to accepting that the PS3 is (Larry David voice) prettaaay, prettaaay, prettay good in the right hands.

Comment

I doubt they could really get MGS4 running on Xbox 360 anyway, the whole engine's infrastructure has been tailored for the PS3, that porting it would require considerable development time that Konami probably don't see it as worthwhile, especially 2 years on.

You'd also have the problem of fitting Kojima's epic sized monkey cutscenes in the game as well, which would probably fill over 10GB alone.

Comment

Boom!

Trophy patch inbound!

Can't wait to play this again.

Comment

I seriously don't think my mind can fully comprehend just how ridiculously late this patch is

Comment

Awesome. I'll be able to platinum it no probs.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's interesting that it's getting a budget release shortly after the online servers were killed.

Comment

MGS4 and MGO were two separate games in Japan.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  Awesome. I'll be able to platinum it no probs.
                  I've actually been saving my < 5 hours Boss run in the endless - what seemed pointless - hope that I could get a platinum trophy for it. Sweet. Just the excuse I need.

EDIT: Of course there's loads of other stuff I'll have to do to earn the platinum but the sub 5 hours, no alerts, nos special equipment, no health regen, no kills on hardest setting has to be the hardest part of it I'm sure.
                  Last edited by Brad; 11-07-2012, 09:18.

Comment

I'd imagine you'll have to start again from the beginning just like with Uncharted. Trophies probably won't be retroactive.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm so out of practice anyway. Plus I need to the setup run to get all my tranq ammo etc so I don't mind doing it all again

Comment

Same here. Must be at least two years since I last played. At least I'll be able to start new, but with all weapons and ammo. That's August sorted anyway
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I did a no detection Big Boss run on this when it came out. It made the experience AMAZING. I'll do it again I think, been a long while since I've played it.

Comment

This is the only MGS I've only gone through once... soon to be remedied

Comment

Cool, was planning on going back through this once I've done the HD collection, nice that I'll be able to collect some trophies along the way when I do

Comment

Typical. I'm just about at the end of my first playthru, after leaving it on shelf for years. I would be miffed, but fortunately trophy hunting is for mugs so I don't care. :P

Patch for a proper/full install would be more useful, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X