Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've got 400 gig spare on mine so it's getting installed nomatter what!

Comment

I hear its 401GB. Unlucky Brad.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You guys keep referring to each other by your real names. It's terribly confusing for outsiders like myself.

@saturn-gamer: I found if it installed a new section, it'd overwrite the previous section and would need to reinstall it if I went back to play it. Seemed to only hold one section on the hard drive at a time, although I didn't do much replaying so not quite sure

Comment

If you would go back to play an old chapter, the waiting would be easily twice as short I believe.

Comment

are there any other changes or improvements apart from throphy support?

Comment

And the full install option? None that I know of. Will check Kojima's feed again later.

Comment

Update: The patch is now live in North America. Happy Trophy hunting! Did you all experience Metal Gear Solid 4 back in 2008? Or maybe for some reason you missed it? The Trophy system was introduced to PS3 in the middle of 2008. However, by that time, MGS4 had already finished development and was about [...]

19 trophies and the platinum for getting them all. No hardcore rank related trophies or anything but I will still play it through again to get them...after I finish 2 and 3 on the collection

edit: Looks like I was wrong, to get all the ipod songs you need to get all the emblems. Which means obtaining Big Boss rank. Oh.
                Last edited by Adam; 03-08-2012, 22:44.

Comment

Kojima says patch out on 6th August.

Comment

Now live!

Comment

Full install is only 9 minutes. That's shorter than what it was before. I think it wipes your save data though, or you have to start a new game to be able to get trophies.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's only taken 2 years but I'm glad it's happened. 34 Trophies in all: 19 + 15 secret.

Time to start sneaking agai.

Comment

2 years? Hope you meant 4.
                          I could have sworn MGS4 was a 2008 title.

Comment

Oh bloody hell! Now I feel old.

Comment

Aye it has been a long ole gen

Comment

And yet, it still looks better than many games released since.

Comment

Working...
                                X