Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JU! View Post
    Unfortunately J0e I am using the Japanese version and well. Can`t get past the Game start after login in as posted before. Maybe you`ll fair better but I presume this suspension is the same in Japan.

Cheers for this info. At least I don`t have to piss around anymore. Was a stupid idea to begin with. Did they think only two people in the world want to play MGSO??? If they can`t get a beta to work I wonder how the full game of MGSO will be.

Look at Konami's other online output... yep, all ****.

Comment

Why is company as longstanding and respected as Konami behaving in such a naive way?

The original Metal Gear Solid sold around 7 million copies.
      The second Metal Gear Solid sold also sold around 7 million copies (on PS2, you can probably add another million for other formats)
      The third didn't fare as well, selling just under 4 million (just for PS2, again you can probably add a few hundred thousand more for other formats)
      The portable ones have probably in total sold around a million units across the three games.

The MGS4 is hailed by many as a system seller and a killer app. The press have been hyping and going crazy for this for a long time now.

With the PS3 having sold 12-13 million machines worldwide, you'd think that since it's FREE to go on PSN and be a part of the beta, that Konami would have some indication of the value of this series.

Comment

Cant wait to see the Microsoft comments on this.

Comment

Im just glad konami let us be a part of there online debacle what a ride there are a lot of people that have a wasted a lot of time trying to get this to work and we really should of seen this coming after the near complete colapse that was there id website

ive said it before and i will say it again they really need to go back to the drawing board on this one if this is how they think you market and deliver an online only game

Comment

The beta is down ? no wonder I got a log in

Comment

What with all the bollocks with the ID site, the beta not actually working has probably only put out around 50 people who managed to register

Comment

lol true

Comment

I registered twice! not that it matters......oh well.

Comment

at the end of the day this is nothing to do with sony or the ps3 but will they will be blamed by everyone i am sure

Comment

yeah, more like lol konami, I can't believe how poorly they handled this.

Comment

If I was Mr Sony, I reckon I would make sure that the most awaited title (one that some have been waiting for to buy their PS3) would hit the ground running making everyone happy and festive. I know it's a beta and teething probs aren't unheard of, but it's just a bit disheartening for some. Not me however... I see Liberty City just up ahead... it's been a long journey on this raft.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                          lol, Konami.
                          Quite Shane. Quite.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I don't get why you need a konami id to play anything online really, are psn id's not enough? sounds like they want more control. *shrug* *random speculation*

Comment

Why couldn't the BETA run off a Konami server via one of the PSN servers or something? Ya' know similar to how BETA's are run on XBox Live that don't require two different ID's and two seperate downloads?

Comment

Well Im sure the situation would be better if the behind the scenes infrastructure for PSN was better and konami wouldn't have to provide their own servers.

Comment

Working...
                                X