Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read this on the Press kit.

"
    Users also can use points to download the Opera browser used in the Internet Channel. "

so it looks like we have to pay for opera

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion_is_here
      Just read this on the Press kit.

"
      Users also can use points to download the Opera browser used in the Internet Channel. "

so it looks like we have to pay for opera
      It's a shame but would it really be much use beyond novelty value? Browsing at 640x480 felt primative on a Dreamcast, and the web hasn't got any simpler since then.

Comment

Anyone else happy that it seems to be back to the days of "Get a game with your console"?
        Very

Comment

Somebody, somewhere said Opera would be a free download for a few months after launch.

But without details on who that applies to and what it entails, this post is not very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
            It's a shame but would it really be much use beyond novelty value? Browsing at 640x480 felt primative on a Dreamcast, and the web hasn't got any simpler since then.
            That was my first taste of the interwebs, and yes it was very clumsy. It is an added novelty really...

Comment

Wii browser control won't be anywhere near as bad using the DC pad if Nintendo properly utilise the remote's functionality.

Just checking the launch games, and those due in 2006, I thought Metroid Prime Corruption wasn't going to make it. I guess it's up to Red Steel to demonstrate how well the system will handle first-person titles from the outset, though I can't say I've been amazed by the video demonstrations I've seen of it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion_is_here
                Anyone else happy that it seems to be back to the days of "Get a game with your console"?
                I thought that exact same thing

I wonder if Wii sports will be a game in a case, or just a cd or if it will be built into the console.[/QUOTE]

Built in would feel nice and old-skool bit it's a bit too Master System. If it's in a case then it better match the other games, I was always niggled by the fact my Mario/Duck Hunt came with just the sleeve and I wanted them to be on seperate carts so it looked like more games on the shelf 8)

Actually I'm looking forward to cases, I hope they're not boring old DVD ones. Something like the US DS cases would be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
                  Somebody, somewhere said Opera would be a free download for a few months after launch.

But without details on who that applies to and what it entails, this post is not very useful.
                  Free until June.

They must have made a deal with Opera for this, as they charge for some of their other browsers (Pocket PC, Smartphone).

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                    The idea of being able to buy points on pre-paid cards should put to rest any worries about being able to buy games for the virtual console on imported systems.
                    I agree, it'll make it less of a barrier (which is great).

Only problem is, if it's anything like the the MS Points cards you won't be able to get them on import for love nor money (the problem I'm having at the moment)

Comment

Wii sports is not built in its just bundled, its also not free its just a launch bundle.
                      See all the noise about under $250 is true if it didnt have wii sports in box it would be

Comment

I dunno how lots have you have failed to see the bit in the NY conference yesterday where Reggie said the US would be the first territory in the world to get the Wii (ergo: It aint going to launch here first).

Comment

Didn't see the forementioned conference, but I think that's a given to be honest. It was wishful thinking and optimism more than anything else to believe otherwise.

I'll still be bitterly disappointed if the Wii doesn't make Europe this year though, or ends up retailing for ?200.

Comment

As I said before every ? over ?149 is one that won't sell every week it cant go up against the core if its the same price or more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Garny
                              Where is the best place these days to import consoles from? I hear VG plus is good, but they dont seem to have the Wii up for pre-order yet.
                              Goblin Games?... What happened to them?

I got my Black GC, step down, 4 controllers, memory card, smash brothers and rogue squadron from them back in the day...

Comment

Argos have changed it back to Winter 2006 FYI guys

Comment

Working...
                                X