Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boggy
    Player movement is automatic. I guess this because of newcomers to games, i hope we'll see a fully fledged mario tennis game which uses manual control of the player in the court
    You're joking? That's pretty poor isn't it? I don't know why, but I'm gutted about that. Are the other games in Wii Sports limited like that too?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
      Yikes! It's automatic? Doesn't that kill half the challenge?
      Doesnt seem to a quick watch of some so called gameing press playing wii tennis and they have a hard time hitting the damn ball as is.

Comment

Well dont all Wii Sports games use just the remote and nothing else? To make it easier as a pick up and play game to easily show anyone and get them into it. I think thats the main point of the game so I'm not too bothered.

Comment

Let's face it, Wii sports will be crap! The average casual gamer will buy a Wii and stick Wii sports in (because it's free) and think WTF is this ****!? Then probably be put off the console.

Comment

I was expecting Wii Sports to be one of the highlights tbh, other than Zelda obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
              i hope we'll see a fully fledged mario tennis game which uses manual control of the player in the court

Can't see that working, the cable isn't long enough to swing the wiimote in a tennis style in one hand whilst holding the nunchuk in the other.

Well dont all Wii Sports games use just the remote and nothing else?

Boxing uses both.

Comment

Originally posted by Selix
                Let's face it, Wii sports will be crap!
                Thats what I've been thinking tbh

Comment

Originally posted by dgnr7982
                  Can't see that working, the cable isn't long enough to swing the wiimote in a tennis style in one hand whilst holding the nunchuk in the other.

Boxing uses both.
                  Hmm I've seen articles from 1up or ign, can't remember which, which say there's more than enough cable length for sword swings, so why would this be different?

Comment

There's enough cable for controlled swings but nothing like the sort of movements you saw in the E3 tennis video.

The cable would really get in the way, especially with things like serving - I was getting in a tangle just throwing punches straight ahead of me.

Comment

Those videos are pure crap though, you can play with the Wii with slight wrist movements. I'm sure Nintendo won't stop games from being made just because of a cable length otherwise it would've been bluetooth or something.

If people can swing a sword in red steel and I can wrap it round my (large) head then it's long enough for backhands and lobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Selix
                        Let's face it, Wii sports will be crap!
                        7.5 on IGN, and they're dreadful graphics whores.

Comment

Just noticed the 8.0 for Trauma Center. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by debug77
                            Just noticed the 8.0 for Trauma Center. Good stuff!
                            Whens this out in pal land i want this and excite truck bad.

Comment

I'm gutted about Sports being very limited as I thought it was the sort of showcase title for the Wii, but its starting to sound a bit half-baked. Just really disappointed, that's all.

Comment

Nintendo know how to make fun games better than most, Wii Sports is/will be fun and that is all it needs to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X