Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ascender
    I'm gutted about Sports being very limited as I thought it was the sort of showcase title for the Wii, but its starting to sound a bit half-baked. Just really disappointed, that's all.
    Apparantly its nowhere near as "limited" as it sounds on paper. Well goin off what people I know who have actually played it say. That was enough to reassure me for now anyway, as it's probably my most anticipated Wii title tbh.

Comment

Apart from 'classics' my attention span for games is so short lived it's almost comical. Of all the last three consoles (PS2, XB and GC) I have completed less than 5% of the games. And some of those have been with cheats enabled (yes Prince of Persia and your stupid lift section!).

So Wii Sports (which appeals to me and my wife on two levels) will be fine. Plus it's free. Very much like Chu Chu Rocket was for DC.

Comment

So much negativity!

Most of these review websites are crap anyway, they often know **** all about what makes a decent, playable game.

Wii Sports will be a right laugh, and it is free. So what if it doesn't meet your preconceptions? You haven't played it yet people!

Everyone was biting on the PS3, but it would appear a lot of people are now changing tack having played on one. It will be the same with this bad boy.

People expressing disappointment at this stage must have some real problems. Just savour the anticipation and ignore the bull**** hype - and make your own mind up when you get your consoles! that is what I am gonna do.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
          So much negativity!

There was no sign of negativity from all the people I saw playing on them, quite the opposite, a lot of people who really didn't look like cooks paid ?15 to get into the food show and they looked delighted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
            So much negativity!

Most of these review websites are crap anyway, they often know **** all about what makes a decent, playable game.

Wii Sports will be a right laugh, and it is free. So what if it doesn't meet your preconceptions? You haven't played it yet people!

Everyone was biting on the PS3, but it would appear a lot of people are now changing tack having played on one. It will be the same with this bad boy.

People expressing disappointment at this stage must have some real problems. Just savour the anticipation and ignore the bull**** hype - and make your own mind up when you get your consoles! that is what I am gonna do.
            Damm right Seany!! .

G.

Comment

I cant see the point in the Wii, do we all really care about how we control the games, its gimmicky, i means the games look outdated on release imagine how they are going to look when developers get top grips with the PS3, and again everything about the machine smells of last gen, no online games on release, no HD, it s all going to be nintendos downfall, lucky they have the DS to keep the ship afloat.The reviews floating about dont suprise me at all, im mean Call of duty 3 without online play = a pointless purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas
                Blah, blah, Nintendo is d00m3d. PS3 gunna roxxor teh w03rld!!1!.
                Gamefaqs Message Boards are here.

Comment

lucky they have the DS to keep the ship afloat.
                  This sort of answers your question - the 'point' of the Wii is to try to emulate what the DS has done, only in the home console market. Compare the DS to the PSP - no multimedia functionality, no storage medium, technically vastly inferior. All it has is some 'gimmicky' control features, and yet its kicking all sorts of ass in markets throughout the world.

Comment

Im not saying PS3 will rule the world, but it dosent detract from the point that this cannot be called a next gen machine by any standards, but as with all things in life you get what you pay for.

Comment

Im not saying PS3 will rule the world, but it dosent detract from the point that this cannot be called a next gen machine by any standards, but as with all things in life you get what you pay for.
                      How you can't say Wiimote isn't next gen product by any standards? Because other consoles don't feature it? And reducing power consumption by 20 percent and packing three times more powerful console into 10 cm area is quite next gen by any standards. Basically you are saying:

"Ford Focus '05 isn't modern car, because Corvette C6 Z06 has more horsepower and guzzles more gas".

Comment

No-one is even pretending it's next gen - it's 'new' gen. That's the whole point.
                        Nintendo have working proof / template with the 'technically inferior' DS already. Take a look at the DS launch threads and you'll see the exact opinions you're making now in there.

Comment

'next gen' is an overused marketing buzzword. If its fun its fun, doesnt matter if its 1 week old or 10 years old. Tbh I'd always rank control as more important than gfx anyway. Its not like they're sacrificing gfx, its still going to look **** hot as RE4, F-Zero and Prime show.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbon
                            'next gen' is an overused marketing buzzword. If its fun its fun, doesnt matter if its 1 week old or 10 years old.
                            Exactly, Im still playing Sensible Soccer on my CRT Via my laptop running an amiga emulator My brother walked in the room and was like . . . 'Why you playing this?!?'

5 ins later he was begging me to configure the keyboard for a 2 player game

Comment

i mean Call of duty 3 without online play = a pointless purchase.
                              I'm not sure I share your opinion. I've only played CoD1 and 2 but I played them for the single player experience. For online, I'd want an online biased game like Halos, Battlefield, Quake or Counterstrike.

Comment

I cant see the point in the Wii, do we all really care about how we control the games, its gimmicky,
                                Speak for yourself.

i means the games look outdated on release imagine how they are going to look when developers get top grips with the PS3,
                                ...and the astronomical production costs?

and again everything about the machine smells of last gen, no online games on release,
                                Here's a tip; try thinking beyond graphics.

Call of duty 3 without online play = a pointless purchase.
                                I watched some CoD Wii vids the other day and yes, the graphics were'nt all that (particularly next to the 360 vids I also saw), but the new control functions made it all that more intriguing for me. Grahpics or not, I imagine pushing buttons will seem old hat after the Wii's launched.

Comment

Working...
                                X