No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what you are saying is that really the Wii is just a gamecube with a new control sysytem, thats how it looks to me, if they gone with HD graphics maybe we would see an improvement, no its not all about graphics , but id rather play Call of duty 3 in HD on the 360 or Ps3 with online play, than the Wii version with its control system.

Comment

Cool. Well there's your purchase decision made eh?
      Last edited by Jashin; 15-11-2006, 16:09.

Comment

GameSpot is reporting that popular online encyclopedia, Wikipedia, has temporarily locked its entries for the Nintendo Wii and the Sony Playstation 3 due to rampant vandalism.

According to the history page for the Wii entry, among the more whimsical edits include Far Cry renamed to Fart Cry, Barnyard renamed to Bumfun: Cows Gone Wild, all prices being changed to British pounds, a comment stating that the Wii is the first device in history to be created by man, yet be greater than God, and numerous references to "urine".
        Bumfun: Cows Gone Wild

Sorry just struck me funny !

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas
            So what you are saying is that really the Wii is just a gamecube with a new control sysytem, thats how it looks to me, if they gone with HD graphics maybe we would see an improvement, no its not all about graphics , but id rather play Call of duty 3 in HD on the 360 or Ps3 with online play, than the Wii version with its control system.
            Graphics quality is the first thing that impresses me and the first thing I forget about when I start playing a game.

Yesterday I was looking at the latest Motorstorm videos from IGN and being very impressed. Then I looked at the original rendered footage from the first unveling of the PS3. When I went back to look at the IGN videos, I suddenly felt let down, almost to the point of decrying that they looked ****.

My point? Graphics mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikedJuice
              Have you seen Gears of War - gamings changed for ever now

Graphics make up part of a complete game package, and there is no getting away from that. Personally don't think it's an issue with Wii exclusives, but comparisons are always going to made on same generation multi platform releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy
                Bumfun: Cows Gone Wild
                Who wants to go into Game and ask to preorder it

Have you seen Gears of War - gamings changed for ever now
                Yes I have, it makes me want to cut myself and carve "HELP" into my arm. The brain loves colour, so where is it!

Comment

So true people with a Wii and a 360 or Ps3, would be ,mad not to buy call of duty 3 for those machines instead of the Wii, as an example, the Wii exclusives will be good, but multiformat i would always go for the HD and 5.1 sound version. no matter how you control the game.its madness not to , and if graphics dont matter you might as well go back to the Snes then. things move on and graphics are one of the most important aspects of any gaming experiance

Comment

Sand if graphics dont matter you might as well go back to the Snes then.
                    I frequently do - & thanks to the Virtual Console, I will some more.

Comment

Arcnas:

Of course graphics matter but I think most people here would tend to agree that its not the be all and end all of a game.

What I think is important is the graphical style though as you could argue with someone that a game like Okami is graphically superior to Gears of War or vice versa. But in your eyes Okami would lose as its non-HD, non-5.1, non 64millions levels of texture mapping etc... Basically what Im trying to get at is that it isnt how powerful the console is, its how that power is used to create the look that makes it graphically 'good'.

Also doing a side by side comparison against all three platforms its a pretty silly thing to do in my opinion as everyone and their mother knows the Wii is severely underpowered against the other 2.

Comment

Lets not turn this into a discussion about graphics, PS3 vs Wii, and all this sort of bollocks? i know I for one am like a big kid thinking about playing on these games with the motion sensitive controller, enjoying a brand new Zelda, playing fun games with my mates that don't involve grainy, dull WWII/generic battlefield scenarios, realistic warfare and a ****ing gun floating at the bottom of the screen.

And yes I will concede that the 360, PS3 are graphically amazing. But the thing about consoles like the Cube, SNES, Dc, Saturn, hell - even the last two Sony consoles - is that if you want to play a colourful, brash, fun game in 2D or 3d, you can find them in abundance. And this is what attracts me and many others to the Wii, regardless of the control method.

Arcnas - I don't know you dude and I don't post personal stuff about anyone, except maybe Duddyroar, so please don't take offence. All I will say/ask is that you and anyone else try not and troll this thread out, because before it started getting silly about HD, sound versions, graphic whoreage and all that jazz, it felt like a group of gaming geeks getting a feeling almost akin to being a little kiddy in the run up to Christmas, which is how I know a lot of us feel about this weird and wonderful new piece of kit that has intrigued and beguiled us from the day it was announced.

Word.

Comment

So true people with a Wii and a 360 or Ps3, would be ,mad not to buy call of duty 3 for those machines instead of the Wii, as an example, the Wii exclusives will be good, but multiformat i would always go for the HD and 5.1 sound version. no matter how you control the game.its madness not to , and if graphics dont matter you might as well go back to the Snes then. things move on and graphics are one of the most important aspects of any gaming experiance
                          Hmmm, I think that the bits that sucked in the COD3 on 360 (LIKE THE ROWING) could be actually pretty fun on the Wii and I'll happily trade the graphics (of which I wasn't blown away by on the 360 tbh) for the control system the Wii is offering. Will miss the multiplayer option though

Comment

graphics are one of the most important aspects of any gaming experiance
                            There is one major difference in this generation if compared to earlier ones. Current generation graphics *do* look good, and you can create pretty complex models with PS2 / Cube / Xbox level horsepower. It's not like PSOne --> PSTwo transition where step up in graphics was major.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
                              Yes I have, it makes me want to cut myself and carve "HELP" into my arm. The brain loves colour, so where is it!
                              Pop it onto vivid (or whatever it is) and you will get all the colour you'll ever need

While I appreciate that graphics are only part of a package which makes a great game, they certainly are a part of it. I will never understand why for a primarily visual experience some people will always say that graphics do not mater. Do they mater more than the controls or the sounds, not neccessarily but they do mater all the same.

Certainly don't want to get into a wii PS3 360 debate, I was purely responding to Spiked
                              which I really do not understand !

Comment

Yeah, unless the gameplay is utter gold, graphics definitely matter - just not as much as some people would have me believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X