X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just saw the wii + zelda pack on play asia usa version

$599 seems a bit more expensive then i was expecting

Comment

Good news... NeoOfTheDark at Gamefaqs message boards did try to use Freeloader on US Wii. And it works.

Source: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=31750894

Comment

Image links no longer work. Perhaps the sheer amount of traffic from importers wanting proof that Freeloader works has melted the web server?

EDIT: Scratch that, they do work.

It'll be nice once we have proof from somewhere slightly more reputable than the GameFAQs message boards.

Comment

Originally posted by revlob
          It'll be nice once we have proof from somewhere slightly more reputable than the GameFAQs message boards.
          Do you honestly believe that Gamefaqs board member would have IQ required to do that good photoshop.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas
            Do you honestly believe that Gamefaqs board member would have IQ required to do that good photoshop.
            Who's to say that the screen isn't simply displaying a signal from a Gamecube outside of the picture?

I can't imagine why anyone would want to fake something like this, but knowing the average IQ of a GameFAQs board member, anything's possible I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikedJuice
              My point? Graphics mean nothing.
              You're right. 10mins into Ocarina of Time and you forget you're on an eight year old game.

Been having a real Nintendo sesh lately. Had Goldeneye running in composite last night and it didn't look all that bad tbh, the composite effect gave it a 'dated cinema advert' feel. It looks awesome.

Perfect Dark running in 16:9 is still astonishing, and WTF are people on about!? There's just as much slowdown in PD than there is in GE.

Comment

That GameFAQs thread has been killed off already. Damn fascists.

Comment

So we've confirmed Freeloader works, cool.

Does anyone know if the Freeloader/AR discs themselves contain region protection? I have a UK Freeloader, reckon I'll need to buy a US version for the US Wii eh?

Comment

No there are region free.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Sorry if this has been asked before but I cant find the info...

Are any of the Wii games online gaming compatible? Just wondering say with Wii bowling if I can bowl against someone on the net thats all (same with exitetruck). Dont say play againt others in same house as it wont happen!

Comment

I don't think the Wii online gaming service is enabled at launch.

Comment

I don't think any of the launch games are enabled for online play.

Comment

Battalion Wars 2, Super Mario Strikers and another game will lead the online service come Jan/Feb

Comment

Joystiq have an in depth video look into the Virtual Console.

First in the virtual shopping cart: The Legend of Zelda. After a brief download (with Mario waiting screen), we fired up our new Zelda channel and played what appeared to be a pixel perfect replica of the 1986 NES classic. Nice touches: hot pluggable GameCube pad support (we popped in a Wavebird and it just worked) and an embedded instruction manual (just hit the Home button).
                              Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

If you watch the video, you can clearly see that the pages for each game download show you logos of what joypads are compatible (Cube pads seem to be usable on all formats available). When you go to make an actual purchase you are again shown what controllers you can use - Zelda for example can use the Wii, classic and cube pads. Amusingly the Wii pad and another pad can be used at the same time.

I truly hope US Wiis will have no problem getting online and onto the VC in the UK as has been suggested.

Comment

Think im going to cancel my current pre-order with DVDBoxOffice, after watching the video review of Zelda over at Gamesport!! I was getting increasingly concerned with the average reviews the games where getting, and after the lower score Red Steal got, finding out Trauma Centre was a remake of the DS (which i already have), and how unimpressive Zelda is, was the final straw really, as these are all games i pre-ordered. I kept saying to myself well at least Zelda with make it worth while, but maybe not!! Looks as though super monkey ball is the only good title (other than Zelda)

So im going to cancel and get Zelda for the GC, and just wait untill some decent titles come out. Now im not saying Zelda doesnt look good cos it does, but the Wii enhancements dont appear to work terribly well, so i might aswell just get it for the GC, and save my cash for the time being. Im quiet disappointed really was looking for to getting my Wii for xmas!

Am i right in think Zelda for the GC is the identical to the Wii version other than it being mirrored and control wise??

Comment

Working...
                                X