Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still want it

Comment

Nintendo are probably really happy people are having so much fun with their new console already!!

Comment

English is certainly the most widely spoken langauge in the world and the lingo of choice in the world's largest single games market so they really should've given it more thought.

Next we will find out that in China, Wii means dog **** or similar. What were they thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by disckobox
          brands are not built on names alone
          No, but the name helps

The problems with "Wii" are made obvious even here:

"Once you touch the Revolution, this will make more sense. Once you play more games, and once the system is out, and more and more people play it, and you're realizing these different experiences, it'll make more sense."
          So, why didn't he say Wii?
          Because then it would have sounded like this:

"Once you touch the Wii..."
          d'oh!

Comment

Instead of moaning about the Wii surely we can come up with a better name. I propose....

Nintendo Jobbii
            Nintendo Wiiddle
            Nintendo Poopii
            Nintendo Toiilet

Seriously though, can you see Joe Bloggs going into GAME and asking the bloke behind the counter for a Wii?
            You got a Wii there matey?
            How much for a Wii in here?

On an even more serious note I think my name from and earlier thread wiis on them all....The Nintendo 1080
            Last edited by Ian(not Ian); 28-04-2006, 13:17.

Comment

It's just a bit rubbish IMO, even without the urine connection.

Comment

I do agree when it comes to the codenames for early versions of the hardware they are better then what the consoles get in the end (for most cases anyway)

Comment

OK I thought I was done but I'm blatantly not!!

"Wii - a name we can all get behind!"

Comment

I'd like to officially state that "Wii" isn't the catchy name I'd had hoped for...
                    ...but in Nintendo's defense, read this article: http://blog.wired.com/games/index.blog?entry_id=1467976

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                      That's the most pathetic name for a console yet .

No it's not, I think 'Amstrad GX4000 Games System' is by far the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raeven
                        I'd like to officially state that "Wii" isn't the catchy name I'd had hoped for...
                        ...but in Nintendo's defense, read this article: http://blog.wired.com/games/index.blog?entry_id=1467976
                        I don't like the name but who cares because it wasn't named with me in mind and if I have a problem I can **** off and play on a PC or Xbox???

Did I just read that right? o_O

Comment

Originally posted by suicidepirate
                          The SEGA example doesn't really HOLD WATER
                          Originally posted by Shin Gouki
                          Glad someone noticed.
                          Last edited by suicidepirate; 28-04-2006, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raeven
                            That article just argues that people on the internet don't count and that no 'real' person will share the current reation. Personally, I think that guy is talking through his arse. If anything we (apparently unreal) internet people will cut it more slack because we are armed with some information about the upcoming games. We are armed with the knowledge that the DS is doing well, in spite of what the shelf space in Game might tell you. Those 'real' people don't have that - all they have is Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                              I don't like the name but who cares because it wasn't named with me in mind and if I have a problem I can **** off and play on a PC or Xbox???

Did I just read that right? o_O
                              Ehm... that's not what I think the point of the article was...

Anyhoos:
                              My point, the name's weird - we don't like it - Wii will be a *ahum* revolutionary console - we will all get one - the name will grow on us - we'll get over it eventually...

Oh well...
                              Show mii the games! Ii want to believe

Comment

I often find myself in the position of having to explain why Nintendo's latest move isn't stupid.
                                Aye, it's a hard life being a blathering apologist fanboy ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X