X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like its true, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
      Yes that name will stop people from buying the console *shakes head in disbelief that a "writer" would think that*
      You've clearly never worked in retail. Knownothing parents will always ask for something that is easy to say and comprehend....that's why so many of them ask for PlayStations. The name Wii gives no indication to what the machine actually does.

Comment

Without a doubt the worst bit of naming I've ever seen. On any product ever.

As much as I thought "Revolution" was a bad name (too cocky by half), "Wii" just seems shocking to me (a London born English speaker). Maybe it sounds col to a Japanese female in her late teens, but I don't like it at all.

The fact that none of us are sure how to pronounce it is proof positive that it is a bad name. "double yoo double eye". Lolcopter.

I just feel sorry for all the websites and magazines that have done thier bit to build up the "Revolution" brand. All that is out the window now.

Comment

Just heard about this on radio 1 news lol

WII, hmmmmm. How can it be taken seriousley when its said like Wee?!?!

Oh dear.

Have to cut my post short i need to go for a wii.

Comment

Imagine the names of the magazines....sure to be top shelf material.

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
              Yes that name will stop people from buying the console *shakes head in disbelief that a "writer" would think that*
              I didn't say it would stop people buying the console, go and read the post again. I was shaking my head in disbelief at how rubbish the name is actually. OK?

Or can't writers have opinions?

Anyway, I'll still be buying it. Awful, awful name though.

Comment

All we can do is pray that there is going to be another western name for it, they seriously can't call it wii.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                  Imagine the names of the magazines....sure to be top shelf material.
                  Wii Action

Wii Play

The Official Wii Magazine

Comment

Does this mean I'm going to have to play with my Wii wand?

Comment

it's the talk of the internet at the moment, you have to hand it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
                        I thought someone misspelt wifi.
                        My first thought, then I actually opened the topic. Ouch, they're trying to broaden the market then they choose a stupid name which people are going to have to be told how to pronounce and then its called wee. It looks stupid when written and sounds stupid when spelt.
                        I'm surprised they didn't stick with Revolution because quite a lot of people already know what it is and have association with it and for other people at least its a real word

Comment

Oh my god!

It's all gone wrong. I feel genuiinely upset, my inner Nintendo Fanboy has just died.

I'm still buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic
                            it's the talk of the internet at the moment, you have to hand it to them.
                            WEE all over the net

I really hope they do like they did for the N64:

Codename (Project Reality) > Provisional product name (Ultra64) > Final name.

Comment

Ultra 64 was the name for Europe, but Nintendo scrapped it because "nobody was calling it the Nintendo Ultra 64, just the Ultra 64" and nintendo like to be in the name of the project somehow, they even sent a letter to magazines asking them to call it the NU64 rather than the U64 but again - nobody listened.

It might be the same with this, Wii is a piss poor name (hahahahaha! - ahem) and i can imagine many people just sticking with 'the rev'.

Comment

My oh My.

What a Wii way to go out.

Comment

Working...
                                X