Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garny
    I think its just us Brits that will have a problem with the name. The US/Canada dont use the word wee (as in p***)
    Yeah but clearly the "Wii" is for the Euro market...it'll be named "Nintendo Piss" or "Nintendo Slash" or "Nintendo Stream" for the US market I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Xephon
      "I want a Wii."

Oh dear god. You'll be laughed out of the shop. *shakes head in disbelief*

So, third again?

Yes that name will stop people from buying the console *shakes head in disbelief that a "writer" would think that*

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
        Yes that name will stop people from buying the console *shakes head in disbelief that a "writer" would think that*
        Good lord, he was only muckin around! Lighten up!

Anyway...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Maybe it's just gonna sell really really well by mail order

Comment

We (sorry wii) do connotation checks sometimes at work for products to avoid problems of this very nature, and this most definitely wouldn't have got through. Christ knows what they're thinking. Seems a bit of a smart-arse name for a Nintendo console too.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy
              Maybe it's just gonna sell really really well by mail order
              Dunno bout that but I know a guy down my local who would pay well to watch me play with my wii in front of him...

Comment

They should have done what bands do after a few albums, when they've become less popular, and make it self titled. Just call it "The Nintendo".

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                  Dunno bout that but I know a guy down my local who would pay well to watch me play with my wii in front of him...
                  Perhaps that's an untapped market that Nintendo want to expand into.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                    Wii are not amused

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy
                      They should have done what bands do after a few albums, when they've become less popular, and make it self titled. Just call it "The Nintendo".
                      To be fair, calling it "The Twat" would STILL have been better than Nintendo Wii...

I'm still waiting for this to be a big joke to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Garny
                        Wii are not amused
                        Hey don't know it, you shouldn't neglect your Wii.

(Another future Nintendo slogan when sales are "drooping" ?)

Comment

I dun like it

Comment

I thought someone misspelt wifi. this can't be the name. "We" would have been good but wii... wtf Nintendo T_T

Comment

Originally posted by D J Kix
                              I am not walking into a shop & asking for a wee

I wonder if inserting different foods into it will make your Wii smell different?

Asparagus smelling Wii for teh winz0z111!111

In all seriousness the name is bloody awful (taking the `piss` if you will) particularly as the Rev title had pretty much stuck.

That said I'll pretty sure when I'll be playing games on it I won't be worrying about the name.

Comment

I bet SONY and M$ are pissing them selfs with this

Comment

Working...
                                X