Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We joined in ages ago, you're just late to the party

Comment

Well at least they've got us all talking. All publicity is good publicity... right?

Comment

Originally posted by Juste
        http://www.thetriforce.com/newblog/

It is the first picture of Mario Wii. ^_^

I just thought it was quite funny. ^_^
        Could be a new direction for the fat little plumber. Nintendo abandons the cutesy games and has a Mario meets How To Be A Complete B*stard

I'd buy it.

Comment

Please god this can't be true. I grew to like dreamcast and well, pretty much every console name has seemed a bit **** to begin with but this is just sooooo bad!

I had real hopes for nintendo but this seems like instant western teritory death. I hated the revolution name as well but wii!!?

why not call it "ii" pronouced "ee" i could still mantain all the stupid whackyness and the whole two player, controllers thing without sounding like piss or an excitable child.

tis a dark day.

Comment

Originally posted by segages
            Could be a new direction for the fat little plumber. Nintendo abandons the cutesy games and has a Mario meets How To Be A Complete B*stard

I'd buy it.
            I'm starting to wonder if that hose pipe in Mario sunshine wasn't actually from his back pack.

Comment

All over the internet people are hating Wii, Nintendo have GOT TO listen somewhere along the line. Even if it's at E3 and someone grabs hold of a Ninty exec and yells "WII IS TERRIBLE", it just has to change if they want this console to have a positive reputation and not become another Gamecube.

It's just not a name that'll fly well in the western world, that's for sure, and I personally would be a bit embarrased to own a console called Wii. But, in the end, it IS all about the games.

Comment

It. Just. Won't. Work. - Or can it? I'm open to anything but this new name is just really ridiculous.

It's just not a name that'll fly well in the western world, that's for sure, and I personally would be a bit embarrased to own a console called Wii. But, in the end, it IS all about the games.
                If mullet's can be a trend, Wii can change everything.

Comment

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Super Mario Urine

Comment

HA HA, this is brilliant! Hope they release it with the name now

Comment

I'll still be picking up the console regardless of what it's called, but yes, it's a terrible, awful, horrible name. I'm thinking of the recent South Park "let's get high and come up with ideas" episode. Maybe Nintendo are smoking the same stuff Matt and Trey are.

Comment

Actually, considering how much discussion this stupid name is stirring, I guess this is what Nintendo is aiming at? First, we'll hate it, then we'll love it. Even if that happens the name still sucks.

Comment

I can't really take the name seriously, if thats a good or bad thing is beyond me.

Comment

This one is kinda sad...

Aww....

Here's one to cheer you up.

Last edited by Applefiend; 27-04-2006, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo
                                Actually, considering how much discussion this stupid name is stirring, I guess this is what Nintendo is aiming at? First, we'll hate it, then we'll love it. Even if that happens the name still sucks.
                                We're talking about it, but I'll never accept a name like that or grow used to it.

It's plain awful, clear and simple.

This is not the Dreamcast or the Xbox where it becomes acceptable over time. The Nintendo Wii will not attract non-gamers of the age groups (beyond kids) that Nintendo might want and it won't attract the PS crowd back to them.

Nintendo have become a laughing stock with the announcement of this name. It's as simple as that.

It won't last, but the annoyance with the name will. Shockingly bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X