Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soi
    A shame for who?

It is a crap name. Calling your swanky new console after a chilish word for pissing is not a good idea. Can you imagine the Sega P00 (two zeros there, see what I did?) or the Sony Number2.
    LOLz

Comment

Atleast in France it will be called the Nintendo Yes

Nintendo will own Fracne

Comment

I must admit, the hate for this name change is immense.

Comment

I Like it, hated it at first but its growing on me, would prefure it to be changed but wouldnt mind the Nintendo Wii, im still buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi
            A shame for who?

It is a crap name. Calling your swanky new console after a chilish word for pissing is not a good idea. Can you imagine the Sega P00 (two zeros there, see what I did?) or the Sony Number2.
            I think its a shame that changing the name of a machine results in such a vitriolic uproar from what seems to be the entire Western game playing community. And if it was mentioned on Radio 1, it probably means even the non-game playing populace is having a laugh at it.

Like I said, nintendo should be applauded for trying to broaden the appeal of games with this new console. I know this is a fairly hardcore gameplaying forum, so the reaction here was to be expected. But its just sad theres such hatred for whats supposed to be a friendly name

So yeah, its a shame for Nintendo I guess

Comment

After acknowledging the name for about one hour, i am starting to like it.

But when i start hearing announcements for games or telling my mates about the latest Wii game (Not a small game, yes game or piss game >_<) then i will start to think that Nitendo made a mistake..

Comment

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats
                  I think its a shame that changing the name of a machine results in such a vitriolic uproar from what seems to be the entire Western game playing community. And if it was mentioned on Radio 1, it probably means even the non-game playing populace is having a laugh at it.
                  You don't think that Nintendo could have come up with a name that wasn't associated with Urine? It's not that it's been changed from Revolution - it's that there are myriads of letter combinations that would be infinately better than Wii.

I can't remember in the life of this or the Gameplay forums, people reacting in such a way, it's not even reacting, it's rolling in the ailes hoping their sides don't split.

It's a dreadful name for a Western audience.

Comment

I'll be buying the machine whatever it's called, but the new name is a pity and will be the butt of many jokes for years to come.

"Revolution", while sounding slightly arrogant was an infinitely better name, if only for the fact that the control method will potentially revolutionise the way we play certain genres of games.Thus it was (imo) justified.

Comment

This has to be a joke I go to work for 5 hours and come back and this happens Nintendo must be having a laugh because there's no way this could work whatever there marketing guys are smoking must be good stuff. I'll still buy the machine regardless mind.

Comment

Is it only the UK that calls urine wee? If so its only going to get bad press over here. (as it would anyway due to it not being a playstation)

Comment

Asked ealier on, and apparently not.

Comment

Fair enough, maybe the UK is the only place that giggles about it then

Comment

Interesting interview.

Comment

seems we are in agreement that Wii is not the best name for a console

Comment

Working...
                                X