No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got into work this morning and my email inbox was full of Wii.

Not sure what drugs Nintendo are on but they should have done a Wii test first - they would have failed it!

Edit - I was coming up with that one all night

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
      that guys constant comparison between yahoo, google etc.... is dire, for a start those names are actually catchy and vibrant opposed to Nintendo Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
        that guys constant comparison between yahoo, google etc.... is dire, for a start those names are actually catchy and vibrant opposed to Nintendo Wii.

"Once you touch the Revolution" - you see even he can't bring himself to say "Once you touch the Wii"...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
          Yup, the guy talks about how those names have "funny connotations" and "don't make sense literally", but none of them are also a slang word for piss. I wonder if Amazon would have caught on as well if they'd had to say "Come and shop for your books at wee!"

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
          "Once you touch the Revolution" - you see even he can't bring himself to say "Once you touch the Wii"...
          Most Nintendo execs are probably working out as many ways as possible for them not to have to say the name! I expect they'll be using the word "it" in place of where they'd normally be saying the consoles name, and I expect they'll be doing that A LOT!
          Last edited by EJG1980; 28-04-2006, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift

Who on earth suggested wii as a name!!?!

Shockingly ****.

Comment

What a stupid name!

I played with my Wii today.

Comment

Kids are gonna love it though.

Comment

Reactionary middle class parents could boycott it due to thinking it will corrupt thier kids minds "All little Johnny does is talk about wee!!! That thing's going!!!!"

Comment

I don't want to know what comes out of the blue light >_>

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy
                      Reactionary middle class parents could boycott it due to thinking it will corrupt thier kids minds "All little Johnny does is talk about wee!!! That thing's going!!!!"
                      Someone needs to phone Jack, now. He may be the only one to save us from the Wii. Ironically it might be good to use him for once to try and change the name in this instance (though he'd probably fail).

Comment

has anyone thought about how its pronounced in japanese? doesnt sound as bad when you say it in jap. Sounds like wuh-ee............ ok still sounds ****!

Does anyone actually like it?

Comment

I like it because it made me laugh

In a year or two i will hate it.

Comment

Rubbish name in my opinion

Revolution was far far better.

Can you imagine going into a store and you going up to the counter and saying can i have a wii ?

Comment

So... I wonder if NGC will bother to change their title. NWii sounds crap, NWC (Nintendo Wii Console) sounds crapper, literally.

Comment

revolution sounds too cliched though. At least Wii looks revolutionary i guess :hmm

Abbreviations always makes somat sound cool i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X