Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shin Gouki
    Talk about blowing it all out of proportion. Wii is the japanese name so it does'nt really matter. They called the Famicom SNES over here so whats the big deal?

There's no chance this machine is going to be called Wii in the west.
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong. It's the name wii will ALL be using.

Comment

Oui. I agree (sorry).

Comment

OMG WII,
        Why Nintendo ? Why have you done this to us? I love you to bits but this name is a mistake, Please God make them reconsidder this! , Surely it must be a mistake ?!
        Do they not know that wee is piss and therefore will be taken the wee out of ? lol
        Nintendo say they wanted a catchy name like Google, Virgin or Amazon but this name is not patch on those, What the feck does it even mean?

Please someone set up an online petition and lets get the 99% of nintendo fans that agree with me to sign it in the vein attept to make ninty see sense !

Just.....ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Comment

And another thing, Who the feck is this woman? (see link)

I bet she has never even played a nintendo game in her life ! lol
          Probably headhunted by ninty from some company like the body shop to try to market games better to girls !lol

WII shold be pronounced why as that is what we are all thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
            Maybe nitendo are going in a new adult direction are are gonna release a golden showers sim game (jpn only) useing the revolutionary wii controller as a virtual penis.
            Haha, Thats some funny **** lol

Comment

No, no, let's not be giving Nintendo ideas for Wii follow-ups. One bodily function is enough to be dealing with right now.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                Does this mean I'm going to have to play with my Wii wand?
                Please , just stop it people .... im in tears of laughter

I dont like swearing unless it is justified but calling this the most stupid ****ing name ever in the hisory of the ****ing world is justified.

Comment

Seeing as how Nintendo is on a roll at the moment I expect Sony will rename their console PiS 3

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101

I could watch that all day

ROFL , oh look i've wet myself laughing, Oh well suppose its appropriate ! wii

Sign this petition people

and this one

Last edited by yesteryeargames; 28-04-2006, 07:11.

Comment

I like the name, it's bold and different and perfect for the japanese market imo, and since I only buy Japanese consoles, that's all I could care less about.

Wii play the game differently.

Ninty's jap press release:

Introducing ? Wii.

As in ?we.?

While the code-name ?Revolution? expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer.

Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else.

Wii will put people more in touch with their games ? and each other. But you?re probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like ?we,? which emphasizes this console is for everyone.

Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive ?ii? spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people gathering to play.

And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of video games that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that?s Wii. But now Nintendo needs you.

Because, it?s really not about you or me.

It?s about Wii.

And together, Wii will change everything.

Also, I have never heard such immature and abbsolute trip in my life as in this thread, ****ing grow up people, we are not at primary school anymore.
                      Last edited by Mofoman; 28-04-2006, 07:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Gouki
                        Talk about blowing it all out of proportion. Wii is the japanese name so it does'nt really matter. They called the Famicom SNES over here so whats the big deal?

There's no chance this machine is going to be called Wii in the west.
                        It's the worldwide name, Nintendo have made that explicitly clear in interviews yesterday.

Comment

When I first heard the name Wii, I was like "WTF?" (I still am now at times, to be honest), but it's slowly starting to grow on me.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames
                            And another thing, Who the feck is this woman? (see link)

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703593p1.html

I bet she has never even played a nintendo game in her life ! lol
                            Probably headhunted by ninty from some company like the body shop to try to market games better to girls !lol

WII shold be pronounced why as that is what we are all thinking.
                            Perrin Kaplan has been around for a while. I've seen her interviewed on IGN and the like for years. She's something of a company drone though, rarely says anything interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                              Does this mean I'm going to have to play with my Wii wand?
                              Dude you are killing me! <total-laughing-out-loud>

You know if you play with your wii wand for too long it can damage your eyesight?!

Comment

Appologies if this has been posted in here already, but I just recieved this in an email. I work for an advertising agency and we do Gamestations stuff, the following text and the Wii logo movie was sent in an email from a sales director at Nintendo to our account management dept. see what you think.

Introducing ? Wii.

As in ?we.?

While the code-name ?Revolution? expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer.

Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else.

Wii will put people more in touch with their games ? and each other. But you?re probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like ?we,? which emphasizes this console is for everyone.

Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive ?ii? spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people gathering to play.

And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of video games that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that?s Wii. But now Nintendo needs you.

Because, it?s really not about you or me.

It?s about Wii.

And together, Wii will change everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X