"Uh-oh...." moments in games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about any action adventure/or survival game where

You come across a large room or a long empty corrider and the door or objective is at the other side something is guaranted to happen

Comment

I vouch for Queen Fossil on G-Darius.

Strongest 'Uh-oh' I can remember at the moment is the reawakening of the Guardian Dragon on Panzer Dragoon Saga. And that music...

Comment

The majority of final fantasy end of game bosses who have those incredibly annoying trademark attacks which leave each of your characters with 1 pt of hp.

Kefka from FF6 is by far the worst offender - he made me cry tears of blood

Comment

Originally posted by babs
          3. Still on the shmups theme, you're fighting an enormous boss - and it's doing nothing! Like hell it is, it's just waiting and charging the Ubermegacannon ready to ream you dry.
          You mean like on the bit before the last boss on ThunderForce IV where the sub-boss who hassled you on level 5 suddenly stops firing and drops off the screen for no apparent reason, then you getting mashed in the face by a shot that leaves you an inch of space at the top or bottom of the screen to move into in order to not get dead?
          That's my particular favourite anyway

Comment

A stand out one for me and most who have played it would be in Silent Hill 2.
            The bit when you hit the underground maze part, you are happily running around it then you go round a corner and BAM PYRAMID HEAD RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!!!! He's just there! God i really jumped out my skin on that one.
            Also most of condemend playing in the dark, actually made me scared to go out to my local shop in the village at night, so damn jumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
              Not as bad as the

bathroom scene.

That one's a bit less 'uh-oh' and a bit more 'change the underwear'

Comment

I agree with darksteve.

I think all of condemned is a big UH-OH moment.

Comment

Psycho Mantis - the first time anyway - not only can he predict your every move, the screen keeps going black and the sound bugging out.

Every time you end up in a 1 on 1 as the last defender in WE/PES, you mis-time your slide and the opposition striker goes round you to face off with your keeper.

Comment

on football manager whenever a club signed a good player..
                    DOA4 when random Bass
                    Resi 2, tyrant dropped onto the police station..and trying to hunt you down

Comment

One from Gregory Horror Show: Pretty much any time Catherine (big pink lizard in a nurse outfit) is on the prowl. She's quite fond of stabbing people with giant hypodermic needles. There's one part in the game when you have to hide in her room too. I didn't want to go in there at all.
                      Another one from G-Darius: You come across some nasty-looking spaceship-creature thing, its' eyes glow and it's ready to attack you. Then this other giant fish appears, kills the first guy and then goes after you. I love those bits were a few ships turn up to help you out, and everything's going well - 'til the big fish thing appears and obliterates the other ships.

Comment

In Lumines when the squares change to circles! First time that happened my head exploded!

Also, in both Metroid Primes when you walk into a new area an the Space Pirates appear.

Comment

Playing Fight Night on the 360, and your opponent has just countered one of your punches. You're momentarily stunned, and he's gearing up a Stun Punch or something....

Comment

Can't forget the unveiling of the Tyrant (and the preceding buildup) from Resident Evil 1 on PS1. Chilled me to the bone - love that bit in the FMV when he/she(???!) cracks the glass!

Comment

Thought the nemesis was quite effective in resi evil 3

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                                Thought the nemesis was quite effective in resi evil 3
                                I thought the T-01 from res 2 was more ominous. That bit in the maintenance room near the train elevator... where you see him coming through the door on the security monitor... I papped it 1st time as I had f-all ammo. I had to run past him and get my running angle spot on during the view switches as it's a tight squeeze. I pulled it off and felt mega.

I can play res 2 even now and still encounter new uh-oh moments. The last time I played I was doing a timed run and had to run past 3 poison lickers with 1 grenade round left, I hadn't saved or stopped once and I was only around 15 minutes from completing the game. I killed the first 2 with 1 grenade and the other went for me but missed completely. LOL moment ensued.
                                Last edited by dataDave; 23-05-2006, 13:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X