What game are you playing? Please be verbose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What game are you playing? Please be verbose

Haven't had one of these for a long time. So what game are you playing? Please state game and a tell us a bit about what you think of it.
    Posts just stating the game name will be deleted. Please elaborate.

So here we go:

Vampire Night - PS2 PAL

It's an old lightgun game that I've only just got around to playing. It's weird going back to the "shoot off screen" method for reload. It makes it much harder to get back on target than Time Crisis, in which you can leave the gun pointed and duck, reload and pop back up again and carry on firing at the same place. The temptation is to use the side buttons to reload.... I'm resisting to make it last longer.

It's got some hilariously bad voice acting, but the graphics look very nice, especially the background sets.

There's a variety of shooting gallery style training modes, but nothing mind altering. Looking foward to getting some money for power up weapons at the shop.

More fun and less serious than ninja assault.

The PAL version is 60Hz only. Shame.

[edit - 50Hz muppet! Thanks shakey jake]
    Last edited by charlesr; 08-08-2006, 18:58.

Just finished Resi 4 (PS2), and am currently playing through the Ada missions. Loving the way Ada's side story directly relates to what happens to Leon, nice touch and possibly the best extra ever put in a game.
    Also plodding my way through Hitman Blood Money (360), up to "A new life" at the moment, just having fun chucking the jogger down the manhole, and setting the greasy guys wife alight by rigging the BBQ. Again a great game that can be approached in many different ways depending on how sick you are I suppose! LolZ.

Comment

R:Racing Evolution because it's just about all I've got left that I haven't already played.. all my consoles have now gone bar the gamecube. When I get fed up of this I'm going to try and press on with RE4 to see what the fuss is about.

Comment

Shadow of the Collosuss JAP PS2
        Rule of Rose JAP PS2
        Death by Degrees Jap PS2

Iv just started playing Shadow of the collosus for the first time and im really liking it, its simple yet beautiful at teh same time. Ive paused slightly to play Rule of Rose which is err............ ok ish............. ok its a bit ****, but i luv survival horror so much ill play anything of this ilk. Especially how its more or less like Demento (haughting Ground) I can't play it for long because the camrea angle, although static at times goes crazy in tight spaces and gives me motion sickness, Grrr..........

Ive stopped playing Death by Degrees because, it really is a bit boring...........

Comment

In times of a gaming drought I always enjoy a mammoth Football Manager 2006 session. I am playing the 360 version and after getting used to the controls, buttons not mouse, I am loving it as much as ever. Nearly at the end of my third season in charge of Rochdale and I think we will finally get promoted after missing out in the play-offs in previous seasons. Anyone familiar with the games will know the heartache of seeing players leave on a free or force you #to sell them, talking about you Ryan Green you twat, I rescued you from Non-league hell and thats how you repay me!
          Got a mate in Sheffield who is playing as Lincoln City so we spend the mornings emailing one another talking about our ups and downs.

When this gets too much for me I end up having a Live game of Uno, still trying to break into the top 200 on the leaderboard,

Comment

Ico - After reading everyones comments I've wanted this for a while and after seeing it at ?9 on the forums I had to buy it. The game just seems a bit...well boring and I'm finding it hard to get into. I dont know if it picks up after the first hour or I'm not playing it right but the shadows become quite tedious and I'm overall not really enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

I'll stick at it though.

Comment

Everybody's Golf (PSP) - I'm now completing the Silver level challenges and after playing the game for months I don't think I am that far away from finishing it. The final course is very tricky however with strong winds, narrow fairways and sloped greens making birdies a very tricky proposition. It is the best portable golf game ever with a character to it that True Swing Golf and Mario Golf Advance lack. Pity the PS2 game is not as addictive.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - After getting a revised model SP with the backlit screen this is the game that is taking up most of my time. I've given up trying to get all the characters you meet through the game alive (I currently have two KIA) which makes the game marginally less frustrating but with the ability to level up the characters and a better plot than the first Fire Emblem game on the GBA this is definitely a game I intend to complete.

Osu! Takakae! Ouendan! This game has just confirmed what Space Channel 5 was telling me all those years ago, I have no sense of rhythm. Currently I can only B rank the first mission on normal difficulty but I determined to at A rank it before moving on. Tragically I like the song too much that goes along with it.

Comment

Area 51 - Xbox - Well as many of you can probably guess, the reason i'm playing this is because of the Woolworths offer. Picked it up for ?3 and been ploughing through it. Had about a day's break from it, man i better get back to it soon.

Nintendogs - DS - Again picked this up through one of Woolworths offers. Been steadily playing it, maybe around 10 minutes everyday but it's starting to make it's mark on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                  In times of a gaming drought I always enjoy a mammoth Football Manager 2006 session. I am playing the 360 version and after getting used to the controls, buttons not mouse, I am loving it as much as ever. Nearly at the end of my third season in charge of Rochdale and I think we will finally get promoted after missing out in the play-offs in previous seasons. Anyone familiar with the games will know the heartache of seeing players leave on a free or force you #to sell them, talking about you Ryan Green you twat, I rescued you from Non-league hell and thats how you repay me!
                  Got a mate in Sheffield who is playing as Lincoln City so we spend the mornings emailing one another talking about our ups and downs.

When this gets too much for me I end up having a Live game of Uno, still trying to break into the top 200 on the leaderboard,
                  Couldn't help but sympathise with your siutation mate and I too enjoy a nice new Football Manager (PC) season when gaming times are hard. Started a new season with my beloved Celtic and doing well although some signings that I thought would be in the bag at the January transfer window are being scuppered by my stingy board, bastards. Players I can get for a couple of hundred k on structured deal that wil be worth millions after a good season and they cant back me up.

Thinking about issuing an Ultimatum but not recorded enough success to exercise that power yet I dont think

Anyway, immense game, always there when I need something to tide me over. And I fall in love with it again every time, cant wait for FM2007!!

Comment

Typically rotation of games, haven't changed for months

Capcom vs snk 2 - xbox. Having played the dc, ps2 and xbox version i believe it to be the superior version. So bored these days though all i do is put it to random select on the character selection screen and only play boss battle mode. Kicking ass and taking names

Chu chu rocket - dc. Actually i only discovered this recently. Its fun. Probably a bit limited in 1p mode, but addictive.

Contra shattered soldier - ps2. How could anyone not like this old skool run and gun title. Pretty hard at first but once you memorize the patterns and get good it becomes childs play. If i die once on the game i switch it off. Its either make it through unscathed or don't make it at all.

Battle garegga - mame - x. Hard as nails. Still getting to grips with it.
                    Last edited by nightstalker100; 08-08-2006, 16:32.

Comment

LocoRoco

I've just finished locoroco and i found it a absolute joy to play, the premise is simple and it is a whole heap of fun. It is charming and the music is light hearted and i couldn't help but smile from start to finish.

Megaman Powered Up.

Beat this in just over a day (not 100%!) you'll know what i mean if you have the game, on the one hand it was good fun, but normal difficulty was rather easy, i only died a few times during the whole game, sold it on now, but i would consider buying this again during a drought and trying it on hard.

Next game up! Dead or Alive 4.

Comment

Chibi Robo on Gamecube.

Help happy Chibi Robo make his adopted family happy by carrying out menial household tasks such as throwing out rubbish, cleaning the floor and dressing up as random characters. Sounds a bit random but I assure you it is amazing fun!

Ridge Racer on PSP.

The main reason I haven't sold my PSP. I can't stop playing this. Brilliant track design (well, Namco have had years to perfect it). Awesome music, great graphics and Reiko...ah Reiko. That's all I got to say about that.

Comment

Chromehounds - Xbox 360, purely because it's one of the most involving xbox live experiences i've had in a very long time. Especially when the rest of the NTSC-UK squad are actually online at the same time as me! *Cough*

DJ Max Portable - PSP, because i'm an absolute sucker for rhythm games despite the fact that i'm not particularly good at them. It's the first one i've actually bought, and I don't regret it one bit. Production values are high, the difficulty is perfect, and the music is sublime. Amazing stuff.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection - PSP. I don't even need to describe this. Tekken 5. PSP. All there, tbfh!

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 - Dreamcast. Now I fired this up just to get into a little bit of anticipation of receiving my JP 360 and Shotokou Battle X, and ended up getting seriously addicted to it again. Graphics are crap by today's standards, but all the gameplay is still there, and my black Supra is giving it a good hammering.
                          Last edited by Silvergun X; 08-08-2006, 16:51.

Comment

Every Extend Extra - PSP - Absolutely superb, without a doubt one of the best releases on the system. If you like Rez and Lumines, then this is a must have. My PSP is getting a battering at the moment.

Ultimate Ghosts'n'Goblins - It's retro, but not. Capcom have worked wonders - it still has that classic GnG feel, but updated with new gameplay mechanics which don't really feel out of place. Looks bloody superb too.

Comment

- eNCHANT arM - This seems to be getting a bit of a pasting in various publications, don't know why, I'm quite enjoying it and RPGs normally bore me rigid, but this has kept me engrossed so far. There's no escaping the FF comparisons, EM wears it's influences on it's sleeve; a decent enough first effort for the 360's first JRPG.

Senko no Ronde - Awesome shmup! Borrows heavily from Sega's Virtual On series, but yet another quality feather in G.Revs cap. It's a shame this is likely to have a limited run because this will be a cult classic in years to come.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection - Like Silvergun said, it's Tekken 5. On a handheld.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - Another one from the school of "Where on earth did this come from?" I don't normally get on with RPGs if I find them tiresome and uninspiring. This is different, fantastically different.
                              Last edited by Bleeders; 08-08-2006, 16:58.

Comment

Working...
                              X