No announcement yet.

What game are you playing? Please be verbose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lurch - you won't be dissapointed by Zero Mission - great game.

Comment

Verbose is an immense overflowing of words to ensure that every party involved knows exactly what you are thinking in the darkest recesses of your brain etc blah. Opposite of brief.

Normally these threads are just full of people putting:
      PS2: some game
      DS: another game

and thus devoid of any real content. I thought it would be more interesting to actually read if people were verbose.

If you ever used command line dos applications, there was often a -v option for verbose status updates where it spews out every last bit of information.

Comment

%forumusername% -v

Works for me

Comment

Haven't had much time for games recently, so it's been little blasts on the GBA.

Mario vs Donkey Kong - this has been a very unexpected hit on my GBA play list. It's great 'cause I can give it 10-15 mins and still really enjoy myself.

Metroid Zero Mission - again, another for the GBA play list. I didn't expect this to play so well. It's BRILLIANT though, and looks fantastic. Definitely want to give this some more time later this week.

P.N.03 - fired this up again last week. Trying to do the quickest possible run I can without dying (it isn't going well, but I'm having some serious fun nonetheless). I find this is a great adrenaline rusher too. Keeps me on my toes.

Okami - Starting this again just feels magical. Still as awe inspiringly beautiful as the first screens I ever saw for it. Absolutely wonderful. It's just a shame I've no US PS2 to play the english language ver. next month. Sigh.

Comment

been busyin at work and watching tru calling on dvd

but managed to play:

Super Punch out - SNES
            Just a great game and re-living my youth, albeit with slow reactions and getting battered more often. i have finished it before when i was younger but at the moment i can get to the fighter after Arun Ryan on world mode. Just love battering Gabby Jay

Super Metroid - SFC
            Just amazing even after all this time - bought 1 second hand and the save games that are on teh cart by the previous owner as just incredible, but playing through it myself and have just defeated the 1st boss. The haunting music on the intro i could listen to all day

Super Mario Kart DS - Nintendo ds
            What a game and quite tough as well, on all the missions i ahve at least 2 stars, on the tracks i have random ranks from C upto 3 stars, but playing through it trying to better myself. Wont play it online due to snakers though

Comment

I manage to play a few games at the moment.

Currently playing

Rockstar Table Tennis on XBOX 360 - I am enjoying the game but I am currently playing as Hayley and find Carmen extremely tough nut to crack. As I got take the game in three set but couldn't finish her off. I have tried over 30 times. (ARRGHH)

Project Gotham Racing 3 - Good game to play but I am still finding my feet around the game. (Prefer Ridge Racer 6)

Hexic HD - good puzzle game

Super Mario Bros on Nintendo DS useful game to play outside the house but I am improving but haven't reach a save point yet. Quality game so far.

Dead Rising Demo - Great fun to play.

Comment

Guilty Gear X2 Reload on the PS2.

Been playing it for a couple of hours every night this last week.

Overdrive attacks and Instant Kills are just great. All over the top, but its fun to play and nice to look at.

Currently using Ky Kiske (Sp?) and Chip Zanuff as preferred players, but it doesn?t matter who I use when it comes to fighting 'I No'. I keep getting battered from pillar to post. She usually unleashes some 25+ hit combo which chews my life gauge down to the bare minimum before I've even had chance to get near her. ft:

Was pondering whether to purchase GG Isuka, but it appears to have had less favourable reviews than 'Reload'.

Comment

Beatmania II DX 11th Style - Red - PS2

after a break for a while, ive started to give this another bash, love some of the more euro style music, and lots of songs to work through (89)
                  Also love the new UI style, and the multiplier change while in game is a great addition.

Dead Rising demo - 360

Great demo but obviously short lived. Roll on September

Project Gotham Racing 3 - 360

After losing my game save back in Jan, i havnt bothered with the game, just started to go through it again, loverly game, still looks amazing, and of course the newly added Cat & Mouse is great fun.

Comment

Animal Crossing WW: Bought this at the same time as a friend. I didn't know what was so amazing about AC so I bought it to find out. Best choice I made this year for my DS, I have played it every day for around 2 weeks now, compared to the 5 minutes I gave to Metroid Prime before letting that collect dust and Mario which a friend has atm.
                    Although I am starting to get a bit bored, maybe I should start doing more things like paying my mortage!

GTA Vice City - PC, Decided to buy this online (After looking for a long time in stores...) I wanted the Xbox version, mainly due to better graphics, controls etc. But then I realised I could get the mods =P
                    I already had the game on PS2 (But it was scratched and I think someone nicked it, but I am not sure...)
                    Haven't played it much but I already got the Vercetti Mansion

I hope to play KOTOR soon, the framerate on the 360 put me off but since I have nothing better to do I will probably play it (I better, I wanted this game since 2003 >_>)

Comment

Warsow: the best online competitive FPS since Quake 3. And it's free. Silky smooth movement and really fast gameplay make for big fun. Beware, you will probably get violated.

Frets of Fire : free Guitar Hero clone for PC that I saw linked on here. Quite limited with only three tracks so far, but I think they play and sound better than Guitar Hero.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection: stunning PSP game. I'm a little overwhelmed by all the modes and new characters so I'm concentrating on training my Yoshimitsu skillz back to their former glory.

Comment

Funnily enough i've been trying Warsow recently myself. Very good game, that gunblade is lethal!

Comment

Tekken Dark Resurrection - PSP
                          Silvergun X and Bleeders are spot on with this, it really, really is Tekken but in your hand, wonderful.
                          Been playing it now a couple of weeks and can see me playing it for ages to come.

Brothers in arms Earned in Blood - Xbox
                          Can't add anything to the superb description by MattyD.
                          Got it on a borrow from a mate and am finding it tough going, it is different from the normal FPS as if you go in guns blazing a la Halo you WILL be dead, it's all about flanking your enemy drawing his fire then moving in for the stealth kill or sending in one of your squads to do the business for you.
                          My only complaint with the game is that it takes a while to reload the level when you die which in my case is very often.

Forza Motorsport - Xbox
                          Been playing this to varying degrees since release, just got to level 40 which means I can now have a go in the 'R' cars which meant the purchase of the Calsonic Skyline to complement my Ampanman version, and also a quick visit to the official Japan GT site at supergt.net which then saw me spending quite some time looking at the Race Queens - ahem.
                          I digress, Forza is a great racer but I can't see me completing it as I refuse to drive the crap American cars.
                          Still, I'll stick with it until I finish everything else though.

Comment

Funnily enough i've been trying Warsow recently myself. Very good game, that gunblade is lethal!
                            Love it. Good point, I initially thought it was a bit of a novelty but I often find myself whipping it out even when I'm fully loaded with other guns!

Comment

Incredible hulk : Ultimate destruction seems to be getting quite a bit of play lately

KOFXI a great fighting game

Comment

I have recently been playing the Dead Rising demo pretty heavily. I must of played it nearly 40 times now, and have recently been trying out some pretty varied things in the game. Going the from usual find the Katana blade and see all the cutscenes, I have leveled up now from taking loads of shotgun explosion photos and using the books that are cleverly placed throughout the bookstores. I love how Capcom did that in the game; you find a magazine or book in a shop and it gives you increased abilities. With the 3 books that I use, I got 25% increase on photos, 25% increase on attack Prestige Points, and 3x usage out of engineering tools, specifically the evil scife.

I also spent alot of time messing with the different incredients within the demo, and I can go from ****ting myself to spitting deadly flem at the undead. Which is nice. I don't think I have ever played a demo longer than this before, possibly with the exception of Metal Gear Solid 2 and Devil May Cry Japanese demos.

Other than that I have been playing Geometry Wars Evolved on 360 trying to actualy get good at it and learn some patterns etc. It's such a beautifully made videogame that you can't help but admire it. Like the best of them its so simple too, I wish there were more games like that on the Live Acarde. Lumines Live should be awesome, can't wait for that - I just hope similar music to the original is included (read Mondo Grosso), as I wont be impressed if its Britney and Madonna. Innit.

I have recently been playing PAL preview builds of SNK Playmores PAL releases which Ignition Entertainment are publishing over here. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and Maximum Impact 2. Both of which are great, and for a 3D fighter MI2 feels very much like a 2D game which is ace cause I think most 3D fighting games are ****e. Bar Virtua Fighter which also feels like a 2D game. FTW.

Before this month I completed the Xbox 360 version of Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires which I enjoyed playing through. It was simple, and rather shallow to be honest, but that didn't stop it from being a good game to play through. However it has the hardest learning curve known to man as you're thrown into a quite strategic/menu heavy setup game with zero tutorial, help, or even menu description from the game which is a real pain in the ass. God bless Internet forums.
                                dc.
                                Last edited by dc-arena; 08-08-2006, 21:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X