X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Burnout Paradise Pre Alpha footage trailer is out and it looks amazing

Comment

7 min video dev play through.

Interesting to hear how it's going to to use the Sony and MS camera attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
        Looks typically gorgeous, if not all that different from Revenge. That's probably down to the artstyle.
        I think it looks a lot different to Revenge. This one is much brighter and more colourful, losing the boring browns which covered much of Revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
          I think it looks a lot different to Revenge. This one is much brighter and more colourful, losing the boring browns which covered much of Revenge.
          I HATED how revenge looked. Ruined the feel of the game for me, couldn't play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
            I'd say the opposite. lol. Purely down to opinion on art styles and such. I loved the Japanese track with its late evening vibe, probably the only time of day when any Urban location looks admirable mind. Motor City looked fab with it's golden sun + rusty industrial mood, you could almost smell the oil.

The bloom was a huge distraction on some segments though and meant I had to play around for ages with the gamma settings on my display.

Also, nothing comes close to suiting a custom, heavy-rock soundtrack as much as Burnout (Revenge).

Comment

Obviously another let-down for fans of Burnout1&2.

I heard whispers that this new version was moving away from the *SSX* style, but it looks to have embraced it even more.

People who like 3 onwards, will probably go crazy for this edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                Obviously another let-down for fans of Burnout1&2.

I heard whispers that this new version was moving away from the *SSX* style, but it looks to have embraced it even more.

People who like 3 onwards, will probably go crazy for this edition.
                Couldnt agree more, real shame too

Comment

Me and my mate loved Burnout 2 and played it loads. He's the Creative Designer of his own graphic design company and is currently working on the Burnout Paradise box artwork (they've been doing the BO a/w for the last few incarnations) and he is so excited as he says from what he has seen and played, it is a real return to the beautiful form of Burnout 2 - so you may find that reassuring

Comment

Each Burnout game has it's qualities: BO1 for split-screen, BO2 for one-player (not as good split-screen), BO3 for crashes (I bypassed this one), and then BO4 for awesome 1-player and live play. I wouldn't really describe it as "SSX" or "EA BIG" either.

If you still want your BO1+2 then play those, the series has evolved (for the better) far beyond that now. Burnout1 is still unsurpassed when it comes to split-screen IMO.

Although both those older releases have dated considerably, especially after zooming down massive mountains at 220+mph or whatever crazy speed it seems like. 6player online with mates is unsurpassed fun when it comes to racing - the only thing I can think of being better would be a 6-player F-Zero AX/GX setup but that doesn't exist.

---

Also, soundtracks, admitedly the licensed stuff is awful - never has a game warranted use of a custom heavy rock soundtrack more than Revenge. I can't see either the Burnout or Burnout 2 music fitting with it at all, It'd be a bit like playing Mario64 with the NES music over the top.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 17-07-2007, 11:19.

Comment

well said !

I have played all of the Burnout games and I loved them all, each has something which is great !

I can't wait to get my hands on part 5 !

Comment

Just reading an IGN update:

They're claiming the game is now Q1 2008....When did this happen???

Comment

January 22nd confirmed (US I assume, though I doubt there will be much difference), with a demo for PSN and XBL coming in December. I've ignored the franchise since BO2 () but I'm very interested in this, seems to at least offer some variety on what's been available in the last couple of games. As long as there's actually non-contact racing and the chain system from 2 in here (As I understand it is) then I'll definitely be picking it up.

Comment

New Trailer up at IGN 360

Looks pretty amazing, has a slight throwback to BO2 in places which i'm sure is intentional

Comment

Reminded me a bit of Rush 2049, which is a good thing.

Comment

Yeah the new stunts reminded me of Rush too

Comment

Working...
                                X